No Gonzales Gun Show Thread?????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I thought a narrative on every one that passed was mandatory.
    $75 555 round boxes of .22, a relative bargain. blah blah blah.
    There were actually a good bit more buyers than I have seen in awhile. The old guy at the front, far right of the building had 3 buyers filling paperwork at once, There was a Kimber I wanted to eyeball, but he was alone and over run.
    I have developed a new use for gunshows. See it, handle it, decide if I want it, go home and have a buddy order it for me.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have developed a new use for gunshows. See it, handle it, decide if I want it, go home and have a buddy order it for me.

has been my plan of attack for years, unless ive got one i want to sell or trade. I generally bring something to trade with just because its fun.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    has been my plan of attack for years, unless ive got one i want to sell or trade. I generally bring something to trade with just because its fun.

The problem I find with trades, is they want to lowball the crap out of you. They get the full cash/trade value of what they are selling, then want to be able to turn and burn your trade for more profit. I would as soon sell mine outright, then turn around and pat cash. (I know, capitalism/free market, just an observation)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The problem I find with trades, is they want to lowball the crap out of you. They get the full cash/trade value of what they are selling, then want to be able to turn and burn your trade for more profit. I would as soon sell mine outright, then turn around and pat cash. (I know, capitalism/free market, just an observation)

thats -exactly- why i bring one to trade. Plus its just good fun to talk to other gun people. oh, dont trade to dealers- trade to other people walking around.

you'd be stunned at the deals I land. if they say "i'd like 500 for this", I'll offer them a couple hundred bucks and a box of ammo. I get a lot of "fu's" but I also land some amazing deals. picked up my first AR like this actually; the ding dongs that paid absurd amounts during the craze just want some cash back.

Sasquatch26

Squatch
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Geismar
    The only 2 uses I've found to go lately is unique accessories I don't see many places ie flashlights, pistol grips, etc for rails and the cheap knives that aren't high quality but good to add to a unique collection.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    im probably going to catch hell for this post but whatever.

i havent been to one in ages, lately i find the quality in the toilet. dont know if its just me or my bad luck with specific visits, but its been just horrible lately... i dont even go unless i have absolutely nothing else going on that day.

its going to see a room full of clowns asking gun-craze prices for AR/AK's or seeing some hilarious .20 per round .22 or something. last 2 i went to I left feeling like the door charge woulda been better spent on a cold beer on the back porch.

Last edited:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La

i havent been to one in ages, lately i find the quality in the toilet. dont know if its just me or my bad luck with specific visits, but its been just horrible lately... i dont even go unless i have absolutely nothing else going on that day.

its going to see a room full of clowns asking gun-craze prices for AR/AK's or seeing some hilarious .20 per round .22 or something. last 2 i went to I left feeling like the door charge woulda been better spent on a cold beer on the back porch.

BS needs a "like" button.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA

Hallelujah. Preach on!

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I walked out happy.

409067142.jpg

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

You are so damn right it isn't even funny. It's all the same crap now. I always end up surrounded by 18 yr olds talking about their buddies in DEVGRU/Delta/other elite forces who carries only this and shoots only that, or the morbidly obese guy with his drop leg nylon holster and strectch pants, or Lt. Dan's who are talking about conspiracy theories and other out there bulls**t. More times than not a trip to the gun show has been money and time wasted.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Which is it?

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    A VISIONARY...Way ahead of his time:}

This prior member Snookie tried to warn us YEARS ago about gun shows:}

rzhxhv10oyapcr9jxtc.jpg

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    remember the good shows that were held at the Belmont. You could find almost anything and at fair prices. Now you have dealers trying to sell you a certain gun for $50 or higher than I can walk into a local store and by it. Their previously owned inventory are worn and just beat up and they mark them at high retail prices. Gun sales in general today (second hand market) is crazy. I will stop in a pawn shop just to see what they have. I've seen 10/22's that have surface rust and dented stocks and they are asking within $20 of what I can purchase a new one for with a warranty. I have seen some guns on their racks for 6 months or more and the price never changes.

One local pawn shop has an older Browning .22 auto rifle on the rack. Back in late January they were asking $400 for it and it was missing the magazine tension rod and had a big piece of wood missing out of the stock where it meets the receiver. I offered $200 and the store owner acted offended by my offer and said I must not know anything about guns. Fast forward to last weekend when I went in there. It's still there with a price of $219 and the salesman said it's because of the missing rod and damaged stock.

OK. I've had my rant for the day.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    remember the good shows that were held at the Belmont. You could find almost anything and at fair prices. Now you have dealers trying to sell you a certain gun for $50 or higher than I can walk into a local store and by it. Their previously owned inventory are worn and just beat up and they mark them at high retail prices. Gun sales in general today (second hand market) is crazy. I will stop in a pawn shop just to see what they have. I've seen 10/22's that have surface rust and dented stocks and they are asking within $20 of what I can purchase a new one for with a warranty. I have seen some guns on their racks for 6 months or more and the price never changes.

One local pawn shop has an older Browning .22 auto rifle on the rack. Back in late January they were asking $400 for it and it was missing the magazine tension rod and had a big piece of wood missing out of the stock where it meets the receiver. I offered $200 and the store owner acted offended by my offer and said I must not know anything about guns. Fast forward to last weekend when I went in there. It's still there with a price of $219 and the salesman said it's because of the missing rod and damaged stock.

OK. I've had my rant for the day.

Awe yeah I remember:}

Top Bottom