No More Boy Scouts.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    Why is it that women think that all things for boys, or for men for that matter, need to be taken over?! No one is trying to make them include boys in girl scouts! They're complaining about transgender people in their sports, dressing rooms and everything, but are ok taking everything from males. Oh well I guess they're reaping what they are sowing.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Very soon it will mean nothing to be an Eagle Scout. My youngest son dropped out of Boy Scouts this year. I was his den leader from Tiger Cub through Weblos and after a year in Boy Scouts it was a unanimous family decision that happened nearly overnight. He doesn’t seem to miss it, but we still do all the same outdoor stuff and then some. I’m expecting the BSA to fade out.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Riddled with pervs and bad policies. Documentary “scouts honor” is worth a watch. Any parent thinking about putting their kids in the scouts should watch this one.
    When I was in scouts, the dads of the kids were very involved. Some dads were Firemen, a few cops, and a quite a few guys you would not want to make "not happy"
    I would say in them days messing with the kids would've ended badly........

Johnny_B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2024
    North Louisiana
    Very soon it will mean nothing to be an Eagle Scout. My youngest son dropped out of Boy Scouts this year. I was his den leader from Tiger Cub through Weblos and after a year in Boy Scouts it was a unanimous family decision that happened nearly overnight. He doesn’t seem to miss it, but we still do all the same outdoor stuff and then some. I’m expecting the BSA to fade out.
    Not sure if they still exist or much about them other than they were viewed as an alternative for kids but, Royal Rangers used to be a organization that was similar to the Boy Scouts. I heard it was strongly faith based so depending on ones belief structure it may or maynot be a viable option. I do hate to see the Boy Scouts get demolished by new ideology. I was a cub and a little past tenderfoot in the scouts but don't remember exactly how far. Had a cousin make eagle. Was pretty handy in the woods. Sad to say kids are not encouraged to interact with nature much at all these days. Hunting (especially small game) is becoming a 'lost art' of sorts with the new generation having very little interest.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I have a friend whose daughter is very involved in American Heritage Girls, instead of Girl Scouts, because it is faith based, and a quick search shows that Royal Rangers still exists as well. There's probably more lesser known options out there. Boy and Girl Scouts are just going down the tubes with the progressive ideologies.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Them Scouts would have been a better name.

I got kicked out of cub scouts. They said no Manimals allowed, too naughty!

It was a good club, but if you remember the recent years some pervs started getting in those leadership roles so it only makes sense that they'd branch out to get little girls too.

Woke = Perverted

It's probably for the best to create new Boys-2-Men groups.

The Founders believed that government needed to be reset every 20 years or so, to break up acquisition of power and influence, and the same principles would apply to volunteer organizations I'm sure.

We see what 150+ years without a reset is doing to us/the country...just a bunch of power pervs destroying everything nice that our ancestors built.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    DA951889-E1D4-45F5-A2CE-A585FDD00A06.png

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I am sure that they are just pandering to their client base now.

After all of the mumbling of the "potential child abuse by perverts" over the years i can imagine that regular people are no longer willing to put their kids into something like this. I certainly would not subject my child to any situation that is questionable. So now they change their name to better reflect who is left that is willing to join.

Don't get me wrong, it is a shame that a once great idea has morphed into this. But all good things must come to an end, and the glory days of the boy scouts is over.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I actually had a counsellor at Boy Scout summer camp touch me with his dick while a group of us were swimming (asked me if I liked it so it wasn't an accident...) and my dad also talked about their BS scoutmaster being a creeper, when he was a kid, So it has definitely been going on for 60+ years. It's not recent. Pervs go where the eatins' good. Altar boys and Boy Scouts have always been gazelles for the creepy lions to feast on.

I was just sad (and a little offended) that they told me I was too old to get in on the class action! :dogkeke:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Well? Did you like it?
    I'm glad my trauma is amusing to you.

JK, it wasn't really trauma and I don't care.:dogkeke: I said, nope, then high-tailed it back to the campsite. He ran the PX so I didn't go buy any candy or anything for the rest of the time, too, which was a bummer. Word of advice, if you run into a creepy looking dude named Leon, don't accept his invite to go swimming!

Also, looking back, it NEVER occurred to me to tell anyone, until decades later when stuff like that started making the news. And way too late since I can't even get paid now...:dunno:

rynola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2024
    metairie
    I am sure that they are just pandering to their client base now.

After all of the mumbling of the "potential child abuse by perverts" over the years i can imagine that regular people are no longer willing to put their kids into something like this. I certainly would not subject my child to any situation that is questionable. So now they change their name to better reflect who is left that is willing to join.

Don't get me wrong, it is a shame that a once great idea has morphed into this. But all good things must come to an end, and the glory days of the boy scouts is over.
    There’s so many other opportunities for kids between ages of 9-13yo.
    My son is going to swamp camp in lafitte this year and they do just fine.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Also, looking back, it NEVER occurred to me to tell anyone, until decades later when stuff like that started making the news. And way too late since I can't even get paid now...:dunno:
    Along those same lines, until Mary Kay Letourneau, which was after my prime school opportunity days, we didn't really know that we had a shot at sleeping with a teacher because people knew how to keep their mouths shut. There are a few that I would have pursued... :dogkeke:

Top Bottom