No traction!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well I certainly have to say I think the bumper pulls a silly, but she did say he was "locking it in" and the Touareg does have a superior AWD system. Also has an air suspension that has adjustable height :p But as for power that is a 5.0 V10 with close to the same power. I never knew VW had anything like that until I bought mine and joined some forums.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Load 1,000 pounds in the rear of each and try again and I would never pull from the bumper.. Empty trucks have very little traction without weight in the back.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Load 1,000 pounds in the rear of each and try again and I would never pull from the bumper.. Empty trucks have very little traction without weight in the back.

What about all that weight over the front? It was in 4WD. The VW weighs only a little less and is a lot shorter.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    What about all that weight over the front? It was in 4WD. The VW weighs only a little less and is a lot shorter.

Does not mean squat, only 2 of 6 tires with traction. Almost anyone could make that truck drag that car.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    The truck was not in four wheel drive and like someone said there is no weight over the rear wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    My buddy got stuck in the mud in his chevy truck the other day and I went and pulled him out with my Cayenne Turbo (same as toureg but with diff drivetrain). It is pretty comical seeing a porsche yank a big truck out of the mud but you just cant argue with 500hp/awd/and a electronically locking diffs. Push a few buttons and it goes from sports car to off road beast. On the highest suspension setting it must have 10 or 12 inches of wheel gap.

Top Bottom