NOLA CHP Upcoming Classes and ??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunGimp

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Gretna, LA
    Alright, I've tried to do this by going to websites, but hopefully can get help here. I want to schedule a class soon. Live in Terrytown, so NOLA metro or even Northshore OK. I am a bilateral below knee amputee, so I am currently confined to a wheelchair. Need classroom and range to be setup so I can get around. I've been shooting since I was a kid, so except for having to get used to shooting in a seated position, I don't see a big problem. I was asking if there would be any reason I wouldn't be able to get CHP because I am in a wheelchair, but a relative that is a CHP instructor in another part of the state assured me he knew of no reason I shouldn't. Just PM me here, reply to this thread, or e-mail me at lightmyfusie@gmail.com with information.

Thanks in advance.

Joey

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Hi Joey,

Have you called the Shooter's Club in Harahan? They have CCW classes every Saturday from about 10:30 AM until finish (about 8 pm). Gavin is a fine instructor and I don't know of any reason their facilities wouldn't be able to accommodate you. I'd call first and check -- but nice folks and they have one-stop shop services with Notary, pictures, everything.

Also, so far as I know, a wheelchair does nothing to prohibit you from getting a CHP. They could be concerned about meds, violent history, etc... but that's it.

I'm not an instructor but I've been through the application process and the course so I'll be happy to answer whatever I can for you and direct you to whatever materials I have used.

DiggerP

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I can't speak to the law but I am pretty sure their facility is wheelchair accessible with both a ramp and bays that allow a wheelchair.

Top Bottom