NolaCop is off to WAR, again.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is why I've been wanting to go to a different industry. They don't know what those are in gaming.

I've got a wife, two kids and one on the way. I like to Hunt and Fish as much as possible, watch Football on Saturday and completely unwind in relaxation on Sunday's after Church.

So as you can see, money's not my thing ;)

I'm going to go find another beer.

On Wednesday? Thought that was a weekend treat
    userArmsCrossed.gif

:p

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I've got a wife, two kids and one on the way. I like to Hunt and Fish as much as possible, watch Football on Saturday and completely unwind in relaxation on Sunday's after Church.

So as you can see, money's not my thing ;)

On Wednesday? Thought that was a weekend treat
    userArmsCrossed.gif

:p

LOL It is. Last night was one of those I'm going to shoot somebody nights. Beer saved lives.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Well Nola answer her question.

If you could make the exact same money here that you are making there. Where would you work?

If I could make ex at same money I would probably stay but only because I am married.

I would still want the experience and contacts from being deployed though.

I am not planning coming back when I return barring a financial need, and would settle for a little more than half what I get now for the right job back home. I truly love what I am doing overseas, the only sucky part is being away from home. I truly think I am safer here than I am from random gunfire anf bs in Nola.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Depends on a lot of things.

When I was there 04'-05'ish on most Military Installations it's not allowed but they offer plenty of O’Doul’s!

Yet some how the Foreign Military and some Contractors always ended up with some
    confused.gif

I have heard it sworn sideways that certain units packed their connex with alcohol in '90.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Probably so, not much was covered with customs then. Not nearly like now.

It's been 16 years, stories about the methods of alcohol shipment have remained unchanged. My husband and his military brethren liked their hooch. :D

Granted, he was about 100 miles from anything turning wrenches. I don't think he was on an installation.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have heard it sworn sideways that certain units packed their connex with alcohol in '90.

Ahhhhh... the "GOlden COnnex" That connex containing all the mission essential equipment you ordered months ago and HQ keeps telling you is "on its way." LOL./

ISAF basea re multi-national. Depending on who is running the bases, mainly only US is alcohol-free. On the camps I am on, a beer is worth about 150k, because you will lose your job over one in a heartbeat. You can smuggle it in, but it truly is not worth it. If you cannot go 4-5 months without a drink, you probably should fins another line of work, like a LEO or something.

Airborne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Where are you going? If it's anywhere near Kandahar , you got lucky. It just started getting warm again lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom