Non ammo crisis

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I was sorting through some old ammo cans today and came upon 2 boxes of CCI 22 LR with .87c price stickers on them. If I decide to sell them at 3 times that, $2.61 each, would I be a douche?

That depends. Is that $2.61 FOB delivered? :dogkeke:

TheSkipster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Central
    I was sorting through some old ammo cans today and came upon 2 boxes of CCI 22 LR with .87c price stickers on them. If I decide to sell them at 3 times that, $2.61 each, would I be a douche?

Good point, I think not! I'm sure people would line up to pay that for a box without complaint and feel they are getting a good deal. It apparently comes down to what the current market value is at the time the product is being sold. If you exceed the market price, that is frowned upon by some.

Carl

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Lafayette
    There is nothing wrong will putting something for sale and asking whatever price you want to ask. This doesn't make you a douche bag or an *******. If it sells then it was obviously worth the price paid by the person buying it as evidenced by the fact that the buyer bought it. Nobody forced the buyer to buy the item. If it wasn't worth the asking price then it won't sell. It's called the free market. Parties should be free to sell and buy at whatever price the parties agree on. That my friend is as American as baseball, apple pie and the Second Amendment.

TheSkipster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Central
    There is nothing wrong will putting something for sale and asking whatever price you want to ask. This doesn't make you a douche bag or an *******. If it sells then it was obviously worth the price paid by the person buying it as evidenced by the fact that the buyer bought it. Nobody forced the buyer to buy the item. If it wasn't worth the asking price then it won't sell. It's called the free market. Parties should be free to sell and buy at whatever price the parties agree on. That my friend is as American as baseball, apple pie and the Second Amendment.

An item is only worth what you sell it for, not necessarily what you paid for it. Free market in practice.

tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    How bad do you want it?

People that think that we are currently facing TEOTWAWKI are willing to pay the "price". But let the SHTF for real.......a million bucks in the bank won't be worth anything. What you will see then is.....XX number of rounds of XX caliber for XX gallons of gas, or XX amount of food, or XX amount of whatever.

What do you want it for? To put holes in paper? Pay the price or wait for it to "normalize". Think you aren't ready for whatever you may need to be ready for? Pay the price.... or wait for it to be unavailable..... or decide how bad you may want it later.

That is how the "free market" ends up in the end................don't hate on the "gougers". Hate on the "panic buyers".

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I thought of posting my ammo for sale but don't want to get hated for charging the current kinda black market prices. Of course I thought of posting the ammo for sale at less than current prices and then providing the buyer the opportunity to flip the ammo for the current market prices and him think he got over on me and whomever buys his ammo.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I thought of posting my ammo for sale but don't want to get hated for charging the current kinda black market prices. Of course I thought of posting the ammo for sale at less than current prices and then providing the buyer the opportunity to flip the ammo for the current market prices and him think he got over on me and whomever buys his ammo.

You are a great American! :D

moonshoxx

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Well, and damn why am i wading in here LOL, this is what makes America so great and sometimes so bad depending on your point of view. My actions, and I am not looking for kudos or pats on the back, are as such. I have about a 1000 rounds of .22 which should last my daughter and I a few months or more at the rate we plink. I was in Texas Bass Pro 2 weeks ago. They had 6 boxes of 525 round federals on the shelf for $22.50. will not lie, I was tempted to grab all 6 and stroll out like a boss. I passed b/c i had what i have. I mentioned to the clerk that you dont see these on shelves here and he said well yea we get a trickle in here as i guess we get bigger allocations. Needless to say, the guy next to me started grabbing like a mad man. LOL.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom