NOPD: Police brutality lawsuit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    It's never a cop's job to exact revenge. Once that cuffed guy was on the ground, what danger did he pose? Why was it necessary to further punch him? What was the guy doing, while face down on the sidewalk, that required intervention?

The guy was still uncooperative and physically resisting, a couple of light blows to the head got his attention.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    They're not there to babysit the drunks, being drunk and disorderly on Burbon St. can be very dangerous if you bump into the wrong person.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Sure, I agree, when you give Barney a hard time and He is forced to use his AUTHOROTI on you AFTER you have been cuffed and slammed around, odviously drunk and doing somthing you would NEVER do sober.But that makes no diff, ANYONE who doesn't IMMEDIATLY submit needs a good Butt whipp'in! Oh and so do pppies, women and the 6 year old at home trying so desperately to get your attention.

MEM...you are better than this.

Just because they FINALLY deleted all your posts on OCDO, does not mean you are welcomed here.

Perhaps you should start your own forum for AmeriKKKans only.

MEM, is that you? If so, you are awesome. And when I mean awesome, I mean SUCKS VERY BAD!

JR1572

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    LOL. You need to check your reality level... its about two quarts low.

LSP started going to Mardi Gras in 1979 when NOPD went on strike. I was there, and it was a goat-f^ck of the first order.

Unfortunately, it became something of a tradition. Nowadays, LSP is primarily there to handle day-to-day district policing so certain NOPD cops can take off and work $100-an-hour security details.

There have never been riots, etc. in New Orleans because NOPD is ruthless about nipping that sort of thing in the bud. I'm as critical of them as anybody, but rest assured they know how to handle business and keep the peace. The only reason things got out of hand during Katrina was due to a lack of mobility; the water prevented the cops from getting to the heathens in a timely manner.

Bottom line is, you act the fool down there and you're going to get attention... and not the kind you're hoping for.:rofl:

I live "down there"; my family is from "down there".

We trust the LSP because they act professionally and do not have a reputation for brutalizing citizens.

NOPD has been out-of-line for decades. I have seen videos of NOPD officers in uniform looting stores.

I do not fear Lafayette cops, Baton Rouge cops, Slidell cops, LSP, etc.

Where have you been, Mr. LSP ?

leVieux

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Try to hit a cop, and you can expect an ass-kicking. Was the cop right to hit the guy in the face after he was down? Heat of the moment and all. The cop can claim he was emotionally worked up due to being inn a fight. Do any of you recall the Rodney King video? The cops beat the crap out of a guy laying on the ground, and by saying that the video didn't show what happened before and after they introduced reasonable doubt. I doubt these people will win a lawsuit, but if they do good luck collecting from the city of New Orleans. The line forms to the left.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Try to hit a cop, and you can expect an ass-kicking. Was the cop right to hit the guy in the face after he was down? Heat of the moment and all. The cop can claim he was emotionally worked up due to being inn a fight. Do any of you recall the Rodney King video? The cops beat the crap out of a guy laying on the ground, and by saying that the video didn't show what happened before and after they introduced reasonable doubt. I doubt these people will win a lawsuit, but if they do good luck collecting from the city of New Orleans. The line forms to the left.

Really the guy is cuff and once he goes to the ground he is no longer a threat. No excuses for that one.

No you should not expect a ass-kicking revenge is not a cops job, you should expect the proper force used to get you under control.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    So what, you're suggesting that cops, whenever they're violently attacked are required to stop and evaluate the situation to determine exactly the prescribed amount of force required to subdue the attacker, all without getting pumped up? I don't think there are many people who can master their emotions that well, specially in the midst of an unexpected violent assault.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So what, you're suggesting that cops, whenever they're violently attacked are required to stop and evaluate the situation to determine exactly the prescribed amount of force required to subdue the attacker, all without getting pumped up? I don't think there are many people who can master their emotions that well, specially in the midst of an unexpected violent assault.

Then they shouldn't be cops!
    How do you feel he is still a threat on the ground?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Really the guy is cuff and once he goes to the ground he is no longer a threat. No excuses for that one.

No you should not expect a ass-kicking revenge is not a cops job, you should expect the proper force used to get you under control.

You do realize that cops are human beings and grown men before, during , and after they put on their work uniform right?

Unless your sac is empty, i am sure you would respond similar as a sentient being if someone kicked you in the sac...unless there is nothing there.

Let me guess, cops are supposed to transcend their human instincts and general rules of civility because of their job?

Sorry dude, probably wouldn't do it if you are in cuffs for liability reasons, but you kick me in the junk, stand the F by. Whether I am working for NOPD or Mickey D's.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You do realize that cops are human beings and grown men before, during , and after they put on their work uniform right?

Unless your sac is empty, i am sure you would respond similar as a sentient being if someone kicked you in the sac...unless there is nothing there.

Let me guess, cops are supposed to transcend their human instincts and general rules of civility because of their job?

Sorry dude, probably wouldn't do it if you are in cuffs for liability reasons, but you kick me in the junk, stand the F by. Whether I am working for NOPD or Mickey D's.

Yes I do I was one for 7 years, I was in way worse situations than that and did not overreact like that. Im not saying you can't use force but once that guy went to the ground with cuffs he was no longer a threat and the punches that came after were uncalled for. There is no way you can support what the cop did at least I hope not

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes I do I was one for 7 years, I was in way worse situations than that and did not overreact like that. Im not saying you can't use force but once that guy went to the ground with cuffs he was no longer a threat and the punches that came after were uncalled for. There is no way you can support what the cop did at least I hope not

Obviously you have never worked in the New Orleans area. :cool:
    Whole different species of criminal here. LOL

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Obviously you have never worked in the New Orleans area. :cool:
    Whole different species of criminal here. LOL

We have theme here to im not saying cops can't use force I was making comments only on that video and I think it is clear he went over the line.
    Do you support that cop or agree with what he did?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I have to agree that when you're dealing with a violent assault, it's understandable that your emotions can run away. It's also unreasonable to expect a cop to restrain himself given he's dealing with a violent person. I also thought that the whuppin he gave that guy was pretty mild.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Hypothetical...let's say the guy isn't in cuffs, and it's ME, an average Joe, he half-heartedly attempts to drunkenly kick in the crotch. I proceed to hit him, he falls flat on the ground and is no longer a threat. I punch him 5 or 6 more times in the face, because that's what guys do, it's uncontrollable right?

The question is...how severe would my charges be when I got arrested?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom