North American Firearms 5 shot??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I like mine in 22 LR - the magnum I shot was LOUD, kicked like a mule and the muzzle blast was considerable. Not sure how much extra knock down power you get vs the LR. But a quality piece nonetheless.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I have one of those in .22mag and a spare .22lr cylinder, bought it from a shop for $200 , so $150-200 would be a good price, also the .22mag does this to a chronograph...

2012-12-17132311.jpg

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Do they usually come with the extra cylinder or is that extra cost did u buy new or used?
    Thanks
    Sometimes they come with it, sometimes they dont, mine was used for $200, I see them new with just the .22mag cylander for 250 or so and 300 with both cyandiers, so 150-200 seems fair... Vincents has one in .22lr for 300 and its not going anywhere... this is my .22mag
    2013-01-03010720.jpg

This was when I had a .22lr one
    2012-07-21233935.jpg

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    150 is a fair price for one in good condition. I have the .22 long rifle version. You have to have a magnum frame to get the dual cyclinders. You could buy them with or without, extra cyclinder is more money. If you buy the magnum NAA will fit an extra .22 lr, if you send it back to the factory. I am not sure of the cost. Dave

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I have been carrying one in my front pants pocket for a year . Best make me feel safe gun I ever had and NO one ever knows I got it .Carry it every where it's legal including church with permission of the church board of course . I shot it twice at a target when I first bought it at 5 yds . $250 is what I paid new . Mine ain't going anywhere as long I'm living :)

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Almost a MUST have imo.

I currently own "The Pug" variant with the XS Sight system tritium. More than capable of "minute of eye socket" out to 15 yards or so. And penetration is excellent on the .22 mag imo. The previous post about no one knowing about it is spot on and THAT is the secret of these lil gems. Have owned one or another since at least 1980 and when back in the uniform wearing days, had a special pocket on my shirt as a holster.

Lastly, on the .22 mag version, if sticking it in a ribcage or throat won't do it, the flame out of that bugger will. :)

Just VERY well made lil machines and I carry mine pretty much always, no matter what else larger I'm packing. In fact, I'm thinking of getting another one just because. Maybe the Black Widow as they now offer a lazer package in replacement of the cylinder pin. Now THAT's interesting and opens up the range another 10 yards or so if needed.

Just my .02 but I guess you can tell I dig mine. Bet you'll like yours too, no matter which you choose.

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Solid built, it is the best "any" kind of clothes carry pistol. I have the 22 mag and it is not for
    recoil timid. You need to hold on when you let that little magnum fire.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I have been carrying one in my front pants pocket for a year . Best make me feel safe gun I ever had and NO one ever knows I got it .Carry it every where it's legal including church with permission of the church board of course . I shot it twice at a target when I first bought it at 5 yds . $250 is what I paid new . Mine ain't going anywhere as long I'm living :)

Exactly! I love my 22 magnum standard and shoots great and had it for 7 years. But I just sold it yesterday to buy the one I couldn't get when I wanted it. It's also a NAA 22 magnum but it's a pug. I shot it last nite and it shoots great. This model has a raised rear site and white dot front site and shoots just a accurate as my standard. Just a little easier to acquire the target.

DSCN2777.jpg

.......................bobby

Last edited:

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I'd like to have one

You will love it and because of the easy concealment you will enjoy the knowledge of knowing you got some protection and it's a bad round. I do!

*****Remember to use the 1/2 cock feature on the gun for removing the cylinder or loading the cylinder into the pistol. Always load if from the right hand side of the gun as the lever that rotates the barrel is on the left hand side of the frame and makes it very difficult to load from when trying to put the cylinder in from the left or impossible at all. Load easiest and quickest from the right hand side of the gun. Secondly, 1/2 cock (30/30's have the same feature) IS A SAFETY FEATURE to keep from dropping the pistol and discharging the gun if the hammer is struck! Make it a habit of 1/2 cock as a routine habit with this gun! After that.....one of the best guns I own!

.........................bobby

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    You will love it and because of the easy concealment you will enjoy the knowledge of knowing you got some protection and it's a bad round. I do!

*****Remember to use the 1/2 cock feature on the gun for removing the cylinder or loading the cylinder into the pistol. Always load if from the right hand side of the gun as the lever that rotates the barrel is on the left hand side of the frame and makes it very difficult to load from when trying to put the cylinder in from the left or impossible at all. Load easiest and quickest from the right hand side of the gun. Secondly, 1/2 cock (30/30's have the same feature) IS A SAFETY FEATURE to keep from dropping the pistol and discharging the gun if the hammer is struck! Make it a habit of 1/2 cock as a routine habit with this gun! After that.....one of the best guns I own!

.........................bobby

Due to unforseen bills that demand immediate payment y is getting sold today... but if you look on the cylinder there are notches in between the chambers, like your old blackpowder wheel-guns you put it in the safety notch, and it locks the hammer on the cylinder not on a live round, and keeps it from turning.. because if you use the half cock it can position the hammer over a live round, and if dropped on the hammer, just like a SAA it breaks the halfcock and can fire a round...

Top Bottom