North & South shoreians...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    How many people reload on the North & South shores?

My neighbor and I were discussing how nice it would be to have a dedicated reloading shop here. Been thinking about starting a business so that may be the case in the near future, if there were a market for it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There are numerous shops that sell reloading supplies, but if you want to venture into the world of small business, I have no objections.
    That being said, I do not reload, but have browsed the numerous shops looking for supplies to start and I can score better deals online.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    I have a single stage press and work with 44mag and 40s but that is about it looking to start doing some 308s to see if I can shoot a little better with it.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    There are numerous shops that sell reloading supplies, but if you want to venture into the world of small business, I have no objections.
    That being said, I do not reload, but have browsed the numerous shops looking for supplies to start and I can score better deals online.

Yes, that "sell reloading supplies" but not dedicated to it.

Just depends on where to look on a good deal or not. There's a shop in Houston that is fantastic, 10ring. Their prices are all fairly close to online places and they have a great selection. When I was making frequent trips to Houston, it was ideal.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes, that "sell reloading supplies" but not dedicated to it.

Just depends on where to look on a good deal or not. There's a shop in Houston that is fantastic, 10ring. Their prices are all fairly close to online places and they have a great selection. When I was making frequent trips to Houston, it was ideal.

True, but I'm just trying to guesstimate how much start-up you would need to have your ideal shop. Reloading equipment is on the higher price side.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I'm on the south shore and I hand-load for 308. It is relatively small batches but I would love to see a dedicated reloading store. That being said, with online shopping being what it is I can get dies, tools, bullets, cases, etc for a reasonable price. Now the major PITA stuff to get is powders and primers because of hazmat fees (surely you know this), and because there are so few places that stock the ones you need. When I lived in Houston, there was a gent who (out of his house) sold mainly powders and primers with a few tools and other odds and ends. I bought from him on many occasions, not just for myself but for others both here in N.O. and in other parts of Texas because the powders were so hard to get ahold of. I know of no such place in the area but I would buy from them if I did. Just something to think about.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    That is something I've considered actually. I've seen quite a few people who do that with suppressors and such. Definitely something to check into.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    The only place I have ever seen that's solely dedicated to reloading was a shop in cle-elem WA called three forks ammo and reloading the place didn't sell firearms but it was heaven for reloading and undercut alot of online prices! Miss that place. ..

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    LA Guns and Reloading in BR. I could likely find powder/supplies online cheaper, but the wealth of information, advice, experience and good conversation you'll find there is worth every cent.

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    La. Guns and Reloading in BR gets my business. I try not to order online and do most of my reloading business here. Save the hazmat fees for one and try to keep a local business in operation. Some things you can't get on-line like a human being willing to help. The same in any business the on line vendors are usually a little less costly but suck at personal service.

Top Bottom