Not participating in the market panic, on to something different.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    Pretty much like 1993 all over again. I'm not going to play in the black rifle sandpile for awhile. All the profiteers pilfering the uneducated, impotent and panic stricken make the market look more like an overfull litterbox than a sandbox.

The boxes started arriving yesterday. My buddies at Natchez Shooters Supply, Midway and Cabela's (who haven't jacked their prices), and more boxes to come from Nightforce, Ken Farrell, Stocky's Stocks, E.R. Shaw and YHM.

It's beginning to look like Christmas in February at 3,400 feet per second and a 7 MOA drop at 500 yards...

Much more fun than waiting in line for the last $1.00 round of XM193....

Licensed by Browning, manufactured by FNH and fed by Lapua. If I'm going to pay $1.00 a round for something, it's going to be something interesting and unaffected by market madness...

DSCN0035_zps1faafbc7.jpg

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    if anything these market prices have made me interested in guns i normally wouldnt be and im having a blast! I got out of my ar altogether since i dont want to afford to feed rifle thats food is being gouged. So i got a 1911, im working my way toward a m1 garand, and will be looking at some sort of lever gun. If i see a deal on a s&w .22 revolver ill snag that also. Like i said, stuff i normally have little interest in and now im just having a ton of fun with, eyes opened thanks to idiots and their panic.

I'm kinda starting to think this whole panic was a good thing.

nice looking rifle by the way.

Last edited:

Cadien

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There will be some deals to be had once all dies down. How many stripped lowers were sold to guys that will never build a gun?! I'll also be wary of any AR platform gun for sale in the next few years. I'm sure there will be a lot of substandard builds out there.

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    Honestly I have enough firearms to safely defend myself and loved ones in case of whatever reason. That being said I do want more variety in my collection for sure.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I've noticed with all the panic buying the .17 hmr round has been on the shelves everytime I've looked for ammo and at many different stores.

They are cool rifles but I don't think I'll go threw the trouble of buying one over my .22 unless it's just a great deal.

Beautiful gun though :).

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    The boxes from YHM, Ken Farrell, Nightforce and Natchez Shooter's arrived yesterday.... Just like Christmas!

I've been using Farrell bases for about 10 years and everyone I've ever mounted has been perfectly true with no bedding required. The 5.5x22x50 Nightforce NXS with MLR reticle should be just the ticket on the 600 and 1,000 yard ranges.

DSCN0036_zpsa3606c53.jpg

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood

.243. I'd been reading some on accurateshooter.com and the ballistics data is pretty impressive. Fast, stable and flat shooting. 2 of the last 3 world record 1,000 yard groups have been broken by .243.

I have some sample loads of 70, 95 and 107 gr matchkings to try out before I start reloading for it. In the meantime the ammo is available, unaffected by the panic hoarding price gougers and should easily outperform my .308 rifles...

68Percy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Husser, Louisiana
    Glad to see someone else shying away from the 223 / 5.56 craze. I've had my Remington 700 25-06 for years and have had no problem finding rounds for it. I'm looking to upgrade the scope to something that i can see out to 300 yds without the fighting the guess work of a 3x9 power at that distance. I like the set up of your 243. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
    PhonePictures041_zpsa8be471f.jpg

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    Last edited:

68Percy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Husser, Louisiana
    Are those factory stocks, or Boyd's?

Yessir... Mine would be a boyd's featherweight thumbhole. Being that it's a free floating barrel, i invested a gunsmith to do the stock change. I felt more comfortable paying for an expert to take on that task. That way i know the receiver is bedded in the stock just right and wouldn't worry so much about messing something up. I'd prefer the thumbhole stock to a regular one any day of the week. Well worth the investment if you're looking into getting one.

Top Bottom