NOTICE: Shoot Wise Store Policy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrKalashnikov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    I hate it when I’m at the range and I see a car pull up and 4 guys get out followed by a cloud of smoke that would make snoop dog blush. At least St. Bernard staff is pretty good at giving them the boot but occasionally they get onto the range. I do not feel safe when someone under any intoxicant, marijuana or alcohol or whatever, is firing live rounds in my general vicinity, especially when they’re shooting one handed, doing mag dumps while their friend or girlfriend records their terrible marksmanship on their iPhone. At least with Ammo prices being equally as high as the pot heads, they’re usually not there for long. I can’t treat patients or drive a car high as a kite so what makes people think they can operate a firearm high?

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I’ve seen signs in one of my local shops and several times on here. How often do y’all encounter people like this? Daily, several times a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve encountered people stinking the weed smell big time many times in various gun stores. Even still it always surprises me when they smell like weed and they’re filling out background check forms. I assume they’re answering “no” on the unlawful user of marijuana section of the form. The irony...

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    ...they’re answering “no” on the unlawful user of marijuana...

There’s the confusion I’m guessing. States are refusing to enforce the federal law by “legalizing” it. We all know the standard of required intellect for voting, driving, and many other things which substantially impact other people’s lives / safety is pretty darn low (just look at the half-wits who keep getting elected!) so I’m not at all shocked they think if the cops aren’t actively prosecuting it, it must be ok to fill out the 4473 that they’re not “illegally” using it.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    There’s the confusion I’m guessing. States are refusing to enforce the federal law by “legalizing” it. We all know the standard of required intellect for voting, driving, and many other things which substantially impact other people’s lives / safety is pretty darn low (just look at the half-wits who keep getting elected!) so I’m not at all shocked they think if the cops aren’t actively prosecuting it, it must be ok to fill out the 4473 that they’re not “illegally” using it.

That is likely the case , after all they are pot heads so their logic is a little sideways .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I was at the Academy today for my 2 box allotment of 5.56. There was couple( man and women) who just reeked of weed. The odor was far stronger than any I had ever smelled on any of my high school classmates who had showed up for school stoned. The clerk at the counter continued to talk them through the 4473 on the pad.
    Believe it or not, this is first time I have smelled weed on anyone at a gun counter or shop.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There’s the confusion I’m guessing. States are refusing to enforce the federal law by *legalizing* it. We all know the standard of required intellect for voting, driving, and many other things which substantially impact other people’s lives / safety is pretty darn low (just look at the half-wits who keep getting elected!) so I’m not at all shocked they think if the cops aren’t actively prosecuting it, it must be ok to fill out the 4473 that they’re not *illegally* using it.

I think it's more that they don't care because they don't agree with it. It's tough to use the "I thought it was ok because it's legal in this state" when the actual question says it's not ok even if it's legal in that state.

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    You first,I don't have to prove anything until the opposing side
    side sends me their papers.I'm the defendant,... You stated the
    infoon the thread ,how MJ just makes everyone an idiot.Or just
    the smell makes them unable to shop your store. Your time would
    be better spent worrying about gun laws,how to disassemble a
    1936 rifle..etc...

Basically you cant say,,no blacks ,no whites,,no mexicans,,no...
    can enter premises.SO why would you be allowed to say,no
    to a smell.Seriously? You people are posting signs that are not
    legal...

Keep it up,,you will loose peoples biz and you will face prosecution
    eventually.

You do realize some pulpuriey smells like weed.lol

None of that matters. You are clearly NOT a lawyer or you would know that under US federal and Louisiana state law, if you are currently under the influence of any mind-altering substance - including alcohol or cannabis, you are not allowed to handle a firearm. That's why they are not allowed in bars. If you are "addicted to" any such substance, you are going to be denied by NIICS. If you even have a medical marijuana card, you lose your 2A rights immediately, nationwide.

Agree or not; the posting of these signs is, in fact following state law and it is all about public safety. If you are not in control of your mental faculties, it is a danger for you to drive, let alone handle a firearm. This is not a personal opinion; it is the law.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    None of that matters. You are clearly NOT a lawyer or you would know that under US federal and Louisiana state law, if you are currently under the influence of any mind-altering substance - including alcohol or cannabis, you are not allowed to handle a firearm. That's why they are not allowed in bars. If you are "addicted to" any such substance, you are going to be denied by NIICS. If you even have a medical marijuana card, you lose your 2A rights immediately, nationwide.

Agree or not; the posting of these signs is, in fact following state law and it is all about public safety. If you are not in control of your mental faculties, it is a danger for you to drive, let alone handle a firearm. This is not a personal opinion; it is the law.

Just an FYI, the guy you're replying to is banned.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Really? I used to like reading his rants he always had something interesting to say lol.

I'm sure he/she will be back under a different name and will behave for a short period of time until he/she not so slowly goes over the edge again. So I'm sure you'll get to read his/her rants again but you may not realize it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I'm sure he/she will be back under a different name and will behave for a short period of time until he/she not so slowly goes over the edge again. So I'm sure you'll get to read his/her rants again but you may not realize it.

Haha I think your probably correct Perez, and seriously you can’t mistake those rants lol they are priceless man. He’s an interesting guy for sure with an interesting thought process. I always enjoyed reading his .02 lol.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Really? I used to like reading his rants he always had something interesting to say lol.

I'm thinking that she'll be back with account number 17 or 18 in a few days. TJ doesn't like to stay away for long. She'll agree to play nice and then will go off the deep end, again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom