Notify lsp of status change?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    In between when I dropped off my app packet and will I will (hopefully) receive my permit, I got married. I
    Filled out the form as not married, (12-16) and was married (12-31). Should I call and clarify? Or just let it Ride as it was accurate at the time of application?

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh no!

You better have at least 5 witnesses send their notarized dispositions that you didn't slap her down at the wedding, be sure they send fingerprints too. They are just as nosey about people who have been a divorce, so don't feel singled out.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Are you a woman?

If not, I wouldn't sweat it.

That's the Gods honest truth. I've been going around and around with the DMV morons ever since I got married.

My license has my maternal given middle name "Olivia". On my CHP guess what? There it is because they use the first middle name, and not the second one, "Tucker". I don't know how, I don't care but I would LOVE to have "Olivia" dropped from my DMV stuff. It's not my middle initial I use on all other forms. I use my maiden name financially and on legal documents. It tweaks me, big time. But so far they say they'll change it and when the moron down the counter hands me my brand new shiny license.... All four names.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    i have never been married before, so i do not have to worry about the divorce stuff. i just didnt want it to look like i was trying to hide something. thanks for the input. either way if they find out i hope they can figure out what happened, however this is the government we are talking about.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Given a choice of getrting a CHP without a hassle or getting married, I'd have thought you'd have had your priorities in order. The CHP is much more important!

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    This came up in my CHP class. Instructor was able to refer to the rule book. He mentioned it was available for free to anyone to answer these questions, but very few actually even thumb through it, even instructors.

http://lsp.org/pdf/chRuleBook08.pdf

Page 14, #12

He said while it is ridiculous, it is better to notify as prescribed by law than be revoked or worse yet, have to use it and have that issue used against you to make you out to be too stupid to read the rules, a liar, or both since you signed a notorized letter saying you would follow the rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom