Now I know why Car Dealerships have a bad reputation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Just wait until your starter goes out on that BMW. The good news is they are real easy to change. The bad news is you generally have to drop the transmission to get to the starter.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    After working on all makes for the last 20 yrs I have to say that all of the european cars are basically over-engineered junk. Somewhoe they manage to make everything more difficult to work on, and at the same time make the parts out of recycled beer cans and once wetted newspapers. The interiors are crap, do not last and have some sort of shitty rubberized paint that flakes off if you look at it funny. These are cars that are 4 yrs old and have 60k miles, not old dinosaurs. Ford and doge interiors hold up alot better, as do the japanese cars. Koreans are getting there.

Volkswagens are the biggest pile o steemin' poo that ever was deposited on the earth. BMW is not too far behind, with Mercedes. And volov and saab make snap-tite cars, try taking anything apart without some clip or fastener breaking. Jags are turds, although they are better since ford bought them.

Thank you for a perfect explanation of why we continually have to pull their a$$e$ out of the fire on wars and similar crap they start.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I would sugest looking for a Time Sert kit. Eventually you will need it. When the rest of the threads go you will be glad you are one step ahead. I miss metal oil pans. Can't tell you how many 1/2" nuts I have brazed to the exterior of the pan.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I collected 80s era Porsches for a while and quickly learned how to be a German mechanic because I simply couldn't afford the thousand dollar repair bills for simple things. My Nissan is so simple in comparison that I can't believe anyone bothers with a mechanic for most things.

My buddies sunroom stuck open on his BMW one day. The dealership wanted $2500 to fix it. I looked up instructions online and said we could do it in half a day for the price of beer. He elected to pay the $2500.

Khyber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    I have a 1987 BMW 535i, and its a fantastic car. I do most of the work on it myself, with a little help from German Auto of Baton Rouge, which is the place to go for getting BMW's and Volvos worked on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom