Now they're after our pocket knives.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Spread the word....We're the Home Of The Brave, not the home of "Oooo you can't own anything that might be used to hurt somebody with or maybe even hurt yourself or use it as a weapon because you don't need that all you need is peace & love!"
    This kind of backdoor crap burns me up.....These government pansies need to be thrown out on their asses!!!!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I nabbed the link and posted it on a couple of other sites. ;)

Art

Thanks, Art....:thumbsup:
    I originally heard this on Tom Gresham's radio show yesterday....ticked me off big time!!!! The fact that they're wanting to push this through in only TWO WEEKS speaks volumes!!!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Hey, guys, slow down a bit. Take time to consider all of the innocent victims of the never-ending parade of tragic switchblade crimes being perpetrated upon our communities. It's been statistically thought of that switchblades are responsible for somewhere between 3 and 710,362 nicked fingertips every hour in this nation due to our lax switchblade laws allowing such a glut of these gateway weapons. It's time to clamp down on this menace, because I shudder at the thought of just one more adolescent, dressed in his dad's old retro 80s leather jacket with his hair gelled and a Billy Idol sneer on his face, standing in front of a mirror snicking open the blade a thousand times while quoting his favorite movie tough-guy lines, hell-bent on a path to tattoos and gang life! Fear-induced paranoia endlessly repeated by the media strongly indicates that a switchblade in the home is 3,675,895 to the 10th power more likely to self-animate and murder your children in their sleep, and possibly the family pets as well, than it is to open a package or cut a loose thread. Just the possession of a switchblade by most males has been deduced by committees of liberal think-tankers to incite domestic violence, child abuse, and daisy-cutting. Let's get on top of this while we can, and remake our country into the Great Britain that our forefathers cut us off from (I'll bet they did it with a switchblade!).

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hey, guys, slow down a bit. Take time to consider all of the innocent victims of the never-ending parade of tragic switchblade crimes being perpetrated upon our communities. It's been statistically thought of that switchblades are responsible for somewhere between 3 and 710,362 nicked fingertips every hour in this nation due to our lax switchblade laws allowing such a glut of these gateway weapons. It's time to clamp down on this menace, because I shudder at the thought of just one more adolescent, dressed in his dad's old retro 80s leather jacket with his hair gelled and a Billy Idol sneer on his face, standing in front of a mirror snicking open the blade a thousand times while quoting his favorite movie tough-guy lines, hell-bent on a path to tattoos and gang life! Fear-induced paranoia endlessly repeated by the media strongly indicates that a switchblade in the home is 3,675,895 to the 10th power more likely to self-animate and murder your children in their sleep, and possibly the family pets as well, than it is to open a package or cut a loose thread. Just the possession of a switchblade by most males has been deduced by committees of liberal think-tankers to incite domestic violence, child abuse, and daisy-cutting. Let's get on top of this while we can, and remake our country into the Great Britain that our forefathers cut us off from (I'll bet they did it with a switchblade!).

:rofl:

kdick3

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

Can we get a bayoushooter quote board, Spanky? Because this post is amazing... :rofl:

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    Damn, funny thing is last month I was told I could no longer carry my pocket knife at work due to a new safety policy. Now this....... :mad:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    :rofl::rofl:

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    Oh great! Just as I'm wanting to get into assault knives, here comes a ban! Damnit! My finances are just now recovering from my ammo and AR15 expenditures from the previous 6 months. I guess it's time to try and hoard some blades! At least this time I'm early in so I can make a few bucks! :p BTW, is the KnifeBroker site by chance? :D

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Sadly idiotic.

This past Sunday, I went to the Insectarium museum in New Orleans with my wife and 11 month old daughter, a friend, his wife, their son and their 12 month old daughter. Well I didn't know it but the museum is a federal building, so there was a metal detector at the entrance. All I had was a gerber folding pocket knife. I showed it to the guard but he said I couldn't take it in. He was an older gentleman in his late 60's to mid 70's and I could tell he thought it was redicoulous not being able to bring the pocket knife in. I then asked if there was anywhere I could leave it outside the entrance and pick it up on my way out. He said I could try to hide it somwhere.:confused::mamoru: So I went out in the main entrance hall and clipped it to the back of a rack where they keep the plastic bags to put your umbrellas in and just hoped it would still be there when I got out. The knife only cost $27 and I wasn't about to walk 30 minutes to the car and back to pick it up.

So we go back in and both my friend and I are pushing our daughters in big strollers. We place cell phones, keys and diaper bags in the xray tray and they tell us to push the stroller through the metal dector alone because they know it will go off, and it did, but what gets me is the stroller has pockets and compartments all over it an no one checked them out.:confused:

So we go through the museum and exit out the same hall we came in. I go to the rack where I left my knife, and to my relief, it's still there.:D

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Hang it on your underwear behind where your belt buckle is, they'll wave the wand over that area and just think it's the buckle, let you pass. How far are they really going to check at the Insectarium or similar places? Don't try at a court facility or airport, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom