Now we have Edwards as the Gov. What do you see coming.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    We now have new leadership, what predictions do you want to make? I want to think he couldn't make a worse mess of things than Jindal, but I have been wrong before. Hoping he can help the state finances.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I haven't the slightest idea what to expect because both candidates were too busy defending themselves from the other and didn't take the time to map out their plan for Louisiana.

Let's see, Jindal dismantled state run healthcare, so I am wondering if that is something Edwards can or will address. Our roads are still worse than the roads in some third world countries, so I wonder how Edwards will address that issue. Higher education has been gutted budget wise to make up for shortfalls in other areas of the state, and again, I have no idea what Edwards plans to do about that. Then in elementary and secondary education, Louisiana is what, 48th, in math and science? Again, I have no idea how Edwards will address that issue either because he was too busy touting his moral compass compared to Vitter's.

Just how exactly did these two make it to the runoff again?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I haven't the slightest idea what to expect because both candidates were too busy defending themselves from the other and didn't take the time to map out their plan for Louisiana.

Let's see, Jindal dismantled state run healthcare, so I am wondering if that is something Edwards can or will address (He already said that signing the state up for more medicare tied into dumbasscare is the first thing!). Our roads are still worse than the roads in some third world countries, so I wonder how Edwards will address that issue (Tax hikes!). Higher education has been gutted budget wise to make up for shortfalls in other areas of the state, and again, I have no idea what Edwards plans to do about that (Tax Hikes!). Then in elementary and secondary education, Louisiana is what, 48th, in math and science? (He will try to get teachers a pay raise through the teacher's unions guidance - that usually means tax hikes!) Again, I have no idea how Edwards will address that issue either because he was too busy touting his moral compass compared to Vitter's.

Just how exactly did these two make it to the runoff again? Edwards very deftly downplayed the (D) by his name. It stands for two things: Democrat and Devoted; follower of the phony liberal agenda. His democratic party knew that more conservatives are self righteous than democrats and would let a stranger's morality guide their vote; or in this case, lack thereof. It worked perfectly!

My guess is, when the subtle tax increases show up on gasoline, vehicle registrations, property tax bills, most won't even notice. Like the lemmings people are, they will do nothing! The phony's will squeeze a few more dollars out of working class people that will force them to deny their own families. Then the real deal starts when the next session starts. They will start to go after all of the big businesses to pay more. That will of course cause them to stick it back on the consumer (back to working class families).

Guess who won't be paying any additional taxes? Either mandated or voluntary? Cleo Fields and that bunch!

I have time, so I will be here to tell you all I told you so. ;)

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    My guess is, when the subtle tax increases show up on gasoline, vehicle registrations, property tax bills, most won't even notice. Like the lemmings people are, they will do nothing! The phony's will squeeze a few more dollars out of working class people that will force them to deny their own families. Then the real deal starts when the next session starts. They will start to go after all of the big businesses to pay more. That will of course cause them to stick it back on the consumer (back to working class families).

Guess who won't be paying any additional taxes? Either mandated or voluntary? Cleo Fields and that bunch!

I have time, so I will be here to tell you all I told you so. ;)

The whole big business must pay is a misnomer. As you stated, they could stick it to the consumer. The more common approach is to bail and go to another state that will offer them tax breaks. If they bail, kiss any jobs they created goodbye, and there will be more members of the "free **** army" to take away from the working class. I guess it is time to get my Texas based consulting business up and running again while preparing to travel the world.

Also, I knew about Edwards and his stance on Medicare expansion... I was just wondering what he was going to do regarding the LSU Healthcare system that was pretty much gutted by Jindal with his private/public partnership agreements. Well, except for one, which I believe was a public-public partnership. I am still scratching my head at how one government entity can run a government agency more efficiently than another. Keep in mind, I used to audit state and local government agencies...

I just thought of another one... What about all the government agencies that had their office buildings shut down? I was shocked that so many Department of Revenue employees now work from home. Going further, I still have a hard time getting any of them to resolve issues that my clients have. To think, this was touted as a way to cut costs and improve customer service. I'm going to disagree with that improving customer service bit...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I How much money do you think Edwards owes this "community organizer" and "Man of the people?"

The only guy on this ticket that lost was Holden. Know why? Because Holden is not beholden enough to those people that Cleo insists he is tirelessly working for. Holden actually shows he is capable of doing the right thing most of the time. He has gone off script many times to do the right thing as mayor of Baton Rouge! He was on this idiots ticket for three reasons only: He is black, he has a (D) by his name, and he paid this POS for the endorsement! Other than that, I am surprised he's on this at all.
    p3nibb0hhb40w8h75lsj.jpeg

Payback is a bitch!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Louisiana state budget will grow unchecked.

Any hope of tax cuts, spending cuts, etc. are gone.

Charter schools and other recent successes will fade.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Louisiana state budget will grow unchecked.

Any hope of tax cuts, spending cuts, etc. are gone.

Charter schools and other recent successes will fade.

Don't forget the democrats jobs creation measure that is coming from the rehiring of state employees!

Jindal was only biding his time as he aspired to run for President, but he did reduce that burden.

Before he got there, Louisiana had the highest percentage of state workers per capita in the nation. :doh:

Politicians that hire state employees as an example of job creation should be shot. No matter which f**ked up party they are from.

Last edited:

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    In some ways, Edwards is more like Jindal than many might think. Like the governor, he is an anti-abortion, pro-gun rights Catholic; his voting record is unblemished on both issues. Edwards is also known in the House as one of the most studied and disciplined legislators on either side of the aisle. Like Jindal, he has a sharp mind for policy. And he's not the back-slapping, joke-telling candidate some Louisiana voters are accustomed to.

~ nola.com :beer:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In some ways, Edwards is more like Jindal than many might think. Like the governor, he is an anti-abortion, pro-gun rights Catholic; his voting record is unblemished on both issues. Edwards is also known in the House as one of the most studied and disciplined legislators on either side of the aisle. Like Jindal, he has a sharp mind for policy. And he's not the back-slapping, joke-telling candidate some Louisiana voters are accustomed to.

~ nola.com :beer:

Unlike Jindal, he has never voted against a tax increase in his entire time in the Louisiana Legislature.
    Let's look at that another way; Unlike Jindal, Edwards has voted to increase taxes every time there was a measure to do so!

I don't work because I am pro-gun! I don't work because I'm religious! I spend my entire existence (now), devoted to my family's well being! That includes providing for them any way I can; which almost completely revolves around money which I have to work for.

I would rather the Governor be a devout Satanist, than a devout tax and spend phony liberal.

And following the Constitution (just with regards to the 2nd), should NEVER be an option to wear like a (D) or an (R).

Last edited:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    For all his faults, Vitter has a lifetime 92 rating from ACU (American Conservative Union).
    Edwards' rating is 30.
    Emperor nailed it perfectly with his "rubber stamp" post. Whatever Comrade 0bama wants for LA, I have no doubt he'll get it with Edwards running the state.
    Edwards already reneged on his campaign promise to have a special session to address the budget. His first announced appointees are essentially just a bunch of political cronies.
    What I find especially scary, and didn't know until today, is that according to "tradition", the governor in LA gets to choose the speaker of the house, committee chairs, etc, regardless of party makeup! There's a large R majority in the house, who, in my opinion, should grow a pair and tell Edwards and "tradition" to F themselves, and actually run things according to a 3 branch system of government, per the Constitution. Chances are though they'll follow the lead of the DC Republicans, and bend over to lick his boots.
    I fear we're in for a rough 4 years.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    ".....pro-gun Catholic.....". Well, that is not entirely true according to a coworker and friend who is an avid hunter and long distance shooter. He knows Edwards (he is from the Amite area also) and asked him his stance on gun control. His response was that he has no problem with people having hunting guns but does NOT believe that AK47s and AR15s should be in the hands of civilians--only LE and the military should have those...I forgot to ask what his stance was on handguns and will have to ask him after the holidays when he gets back. I have a problem with this...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Yep... and we got stuck w/ Edwards because Vitter paid for it a decade ago and got caught...

I have to grudgingly admit whoever ran Edwards campaign and wrote the commercials did a beautiful job.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    ".....pro-gun Catholic.....". Well, that is not entirely true according to a coworker and friend who is an avid hunter and long distance shooter. He knows Edwards (he is from the Amite area also) and asked him his stance on gun control. His response was that he has no problem with people having hunting guns but does NOT believe that AK47s and AR15s should be in the hands of civilians--only LE and the military should have those...I forgot to ask what his stance was on handguns and will have to ask him after the holidays when he gets back. I have a problem with this...
    not defending him because I have other issues with him but one of his appointees is Richard lipsey, owner of lipseys firearms distributors, I doubt he will be doing any anti gun stuff here. I am worried about the obamacare/ Medicare issue and the tax increases, though if its for roads, I'm for it,

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He is a true believer and he is a phony liberal sycophant. The master plan is to shackle all states to the federal government. When the feds control your states economy, and you have your state's leaders have their hands out for federal money, you lose your states independence. As a glaring example, how the feds extorted Louisiana to raise the minimum drinking age. Another is the speed limit maximums. We (Louisiana particularly), have sold our souls to the oil industry. We gave away way too much to the feds in exchange for lax oversight in the 70's. With that oil industry, we should be the richest state in the union. But, now we can't generate enough money to pay our bills and thus we have to turn to the feds every time we need major money. And now they are being crushed by regulations anyway. Just as planned!

This guy will do exactly what he is supposed to do. Continue to erode the independence of the state. Everything he does will be sold to the populace as a necessary evil. Fixing roads, fixing education, fixing this and that! All ********! A democrat governor is only good to the overall cause. Do any of you think that these party's want their guy in these governors mansions for their endorsements?

You would think one day this country of idiots would wake up.

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    not defending him because I have other issues with him but one of his appointees is Richard lipsey, owner of lipseys firearms distributors, I doubt he will be doing any anti gun stuff here. I am worried about the obamacare/ Medicare issue and the tax increases, though if its for roads, I'm for it,

I had herd the same thing

Top Bottom