NRA Endorses Cassidy for Senator

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snuggie308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Kinda pisses me off that the NRA endorses him after they know he voted to cut vet benefits and also voted to raise our retirement age to 70!! Maness is a vet, an NRA life member, a CCP holder!! DUH!!??

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Facts on Cassidy

Do not believe everything that is claimed. Mary's disinformation campaign is in full swing.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/social-security-scare-in-louisiana/

The vote was on a non-binding procedure matter asking if over time the Congress should consider adjusting the retirement age to deal with the longer life span on an actuarial basis.

http://thehayride.com/2014/09/factcheck-org-blasts-attack-ad-on-bill-cassidy/

However, FactCheck.org just released their analysis on an attack ad by the Senate Majority PAC which claims that Cassidy *voted for a plan that would cut veterans benefits.* Their response and decision on the claim: 100% UNTRUE.

The attack ad on Cassidy refers to a *February 2012 vote related to a Republican-sponsored bill that would have changed the budget process in a way that may or may not have resulted in budget cuts. Under the bill, baseline budget projections would not be adjusted for inflation. But Congress would still need to decide how much to spend above or below the baseline. The Congressional Budget Office said in an analysis of the bill: ‘Any impact on the budget would depend on the extent of future legislative actions.’* The bill was titled ‘The Baseline Reform Act of 2012.’

But, Cassidy’s vote was actually on a Democratic motion to the Baseline Reform Act of 2012, which would have altered how *CBO determines baseline projections used to measure the impact of changes in law. Under current law, baseline budget projections are based on the current year appropriations, but adjusted for inflation. The GOP proposal would have required that baseline projections no longer be adjusted for inflation.*

Cassidy is also an NRA member.
    Vote anybody but Mary in November 2014

Last edited:

casey97

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2014
    This is false and is spread by Cassidy to try to ensure he gets into the runoff.

If she gets over 50% on the first round it does not matter if Cassidy has 25% or 49%, she still wins. Vote for a real conservative on the first round. If Maness doesn't win, then choose one of the politicians.

Exodus 22:2 If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    My fear is that if Mary makes a runoff and the results of that race will determine who has the majority in the Senate, the Dems will flood the state with lawyers and free rides to the polls.

casey97

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2014
    Maybe if the republicans keep dropping races, they will understand that they should pit forth a conservative. Another Romney, Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Cassidy, etc. We need a difference, not the same old compromising politicians. Democrats say they want to cut my arm off at the sholder. Conservatives say no way. Republicans valiantly compromise and cut my arm off at the elbow.

Exodus 22:2 If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom