NRA: New Ad

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Very nicely done video. I really like how they point out how the media spins the truth. No one else seems to be calling the media what they are... pawns for the President.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Very good video...truly shows the hypocrisy..when will the rest of the sheep pull their heads out of each others a$$es and see how hypocritical they really are...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes it makes good solid points. But it's too long to be effective. This "ad" is 4:30, that's a video. Nobody is going to sit still and watch it except us gun folks. Stop preaching to the choir. The NRA should be making :30 commercials and getting them into mainstream TV as much as they can. It's time to stop rallying the troops and get in the fight.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yes it makes good solid points. But it's too long to be effective. This "ad" is 4:30, that's a video. Nobody is going to sit still and watch it except us gun folks. Stop preaching to the choir. The NRA should be making :30 commercials and getting them into mainstream TV as much as they can. It's time to stop rallying the troops and get in the fight.

I agree. They do still need to rally the troops for cash (understandably). And membership definitely needs to increase with all of this. Which, BTW; any of you that aren't NRA should be, and immediately! But, yes; this is ineffective as a media PSA.

NRA should make some 30 second common sense appeals and buy time on OWN, Lifetime, TLC, etc...and any channel some housewife is watching any of the horseshit they watch! That's the hearts and minds we need to get away from the bright light of liberal ********!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    While the point of hypocrisy is quite valid, it's poor execution of the point to say that the President's children are less deserving of protection than our own.

They are.

The children, being children, are equally deserving of being protected as my children. However, they are also the soft targets of the leader of the greatest nation in the world, and as such, quite deserving of Secret Service details. It's hard to get at the President himself - Air Force One, motorcades, White House, etc, so it's not out of line to protect his other weaknesses. It is not uncommon as a tactic for terrorists to do so, in other places. So no, I am sorry, but for the security of our State, yes, the First Family does rate a little higher in priority than my son...

My son deserves to be protected as best I can, but the point in this ad/video is rather poorly executed when approached with reason and logic.

Maybe if the video had focused on all of the anti-gun legislators who are gun owners, concealed weapon permit owners (past or present) or send their kids to armed-security schools, rather than just the President, it would be a little better received by more than the already adamantly opposed.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    When someone gaffs at that statement I would propose them a question, name a time when a bad guy with a gun was stopped by anything other than a good guy with a gun?

name a time when ANY bad guy was stopped by anything other than a good guy with a gun?
    This needs to get out. We just want people to start thinking instead of buying all the hype being spoon fed.

Can not force them, but once we can get them to start thinking and questioning....

NRA80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Totally missing the point. The ad has nothing to do with SS protection. Rather, it has to do with the underlying armed school security -- and it suggests that certain leading democrats who are leading a political charge against improving school security in fact benefit from it already. And as the ad points out, the nation has begun to improve and build on the idea of having better school security including armed individuals.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    While the point of hypocrisy is quite valid, it's poor execution of the point to say that the President's children are less deserving of protection than our own.

They are.

The children, being children, are equally deserving of being protected as my children. However, they are also the soft targets of the leader of the greatest nation in the world, and as such, quite deserving of Secret Service details. It's hard to get at the President himself - Air Force One, motorcades, White House, etc, so it's not out of line to protect his other weaknesses. It is not uncommon as a tactic for terrorists to do so, in other places. So no, I am sorry, but for the security of our State, yes, the First Family does rate a little higher in priority than my son...

My son deserves to be protected as best I can, but the point in this ad/video is rather poorly executed when approached with reason and logic.

Maybe if the video had focused on all of the anti-gun legislators who are gun owners, concealed weapon permit owners (past or present) or send their kids to armed-security schools, rather than just the President, it would be a little better received by more than the already adamantly opposed.

Well, that moron David Gregory's kids don't deserve it more than yours!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Totally missing the point. The ad has nothing to do with SS protection. Rather, it has to do with the underlying armed school security -- and it suggests that certain leading democrats who are leading a political charge against improving school security in fact benefit from it already. And as the ad points out, the nation has begun to improve and build on the idea of having better school security including armed individuals.
    I'm not missing the point - I actually pointed out exactly what you just said, already - I'm saying the ad fails to /deliver/ the point. I only 'get' the point because I knew it before I saw the ad.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge

They are.

Well said.

Some people don't understand the concept of a "high value target." The odds of a directed attack against them, specifically, is much greater than you and I. Logic says some people require greater security. Life isn't fair, get over it. Lucky for us we have been granted the same right, it is just upon ourselves to take advantage rather than have someone else foot the bill.

How does it go? I carry a gun because I can't afford to carry a cop?

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I like the ad and it is well done. That said, as pointed out above, it IS a bit long. Many (most?) folks probably won't watch it through. I definitely like the ad about the children and calling the poser-in-chief an "elitist hypocrite". Sometimes less is more...

Top Bottom