NRA: Special Event On August 31, 2011

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I wouldn't consider something that everyone knows about an "exciting announcement" unless it's an extension or something.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Mother!@#$er.

http://www.nrapvf.org/news-alerts/2...ana-governor-bobby-jindal-for-reelection.aspx

It's crap like this that makes me glad I never became an NRA life member.

Let's not get crazy! It is not the NRA's fault that Jindal wanted to use that opportunity to promote himself. Yes, they sent Chris Cox of NRA-ILA(the legsilative arm of NRA), and it was kind of a suck job, but the NRA as an organization is not the bad guys here. You can't turn your back on the education programs, the youth shooting sport enhancements, the support of gun clubs, ranges, the legal battles they undertake, etc., etc; because of politics.

It's just a part of the package. Kind of like prostitution. Great premise, but there are parts of it you wish you could do without.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The NRA supporting a Pro 2nd gov makes you glad you don't support them?

Would we be better off without the NRA?

No, the NRA wasting members time by telling them "This announcement is of great importance to all Louisiana gun owners and sportsmen and should not be missed" makes me glad I'm not a life member. This event was very much to be missed and could have been sent out in a press release email. They disrespected their members by wasting their time with false/empty/open promises when all they wanted was a crowd for their photo op. How many people would have shown up if they had been honest about the purpose of the event?

We'd be better off with an NRA that was more like the GOA.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Let's not get crazy! It is not the NRA's fault that Jindal wanted to use that opportunity to promote himself. Yes, they sent Chris Cox of NRA-ILA(the legsilative arm of NRA), and it was kind of a suck job, but the NRA as an organization is not the bad guys here. You can't turn your back on the education programs, the youth shooting sport enhancements, the support of gun clubs, ranges, the legal battles they undertake, etc., etc; because of politics.

It's just a part of the package. Kind of like prostitution. Great premise, but there are parts of it you wish you could do without.

BS. They knew what the event was for and sent out the call for warm bodies in the seats based on promises of a major announcement. They decided how to word their email blast, not Jindal or his administration.

The NRA is the Mitt Romney of gun rights organizations. They're not strong on any issue but give you just enough of this and just enough of that to make people support them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    BS. They knew what the event was for and sent out the call for warm bodies in the seats based on promises of a major announcement. They decided how to word their email blast, not Jindal or his administration.

The NRA is the Mitt Romney of gun rights organizations. They're not strong on any issue but give you just enough of this and just enough of that to make people support them.

OK, I can see you have thrown down the gauntlet. And believe me, I will try to help you understand the bigger picture. But, I have to go cook some stuffed flounder right now, so hold that hate and your misconceptions and I will get back to you.;)

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    OK, I can see you have thrown down the gauntlet. And believe me, I will try to help you understand the bigger picture. But, I have to go cook some stuffed flounder right now, so hold that hate and your misconceptions and I will get back to you.;)

Don't bother. I'm not looking to have a debate or even a conversation here. You vote with your dollars and I'll vote with mine.

Did anyone who actually went see anything other than an endorsement? Was there anything at all that was of value?

Top Bottom