NRA tosses us under a bus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I wonder how much money is wasted by the NRA on stupid stickers, bags, shirts, junk mail and so on? Being so big and wonderful do they really need all that stuff to push the brand?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I wonder how much money is wasted by the NRA on stupid stickers, bags, shirts, junk mail and so on? Being so big and wonderful do they really need all that stuff to push the brand?

When I first joined, they told me it would be 6 months before I received my "free range bag." I told them not to worry about it. Then one day it arrives... I could have done better getting a Rouses paper bag. They use promotional items to entice fudds. It's even funnier that people are trying to sell them.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    When I first joined, they told me it would be 6 months before I received my "free range bag." I told them not to worry about it. Then one day it arrives... I could have done better getting a Rouses paper bag. They use promotional items to entice fudds. It's even funnier that people are trying to sell them.

I hate “branded” stuff. Over the years I’ve gotten so many T-shirts from different events and I gotta say they make great rags when cut up.

IMO: If we don’t get the younger generation to understand why we have and need the right to keep and bear arms the NRA won’t be needed anyway.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    IMO: If we don’t get the younger generation to understand why we have and need the right to keep and bear arms the NRA won’t be needed anyway.

I think that is important, but I also don't believe the NRA is the end all be all.

It's more important to get the younger generation involved with local politics than getting involved with national level political groups.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Lots of fail in this thread. :rolleyes:

Point being, you should be jumping for joy at the work the NRA has done in the past 100 years. They actually took the original intent of the 2nd Amendment from a very distant time and modernized its intent to keep pace with the here and the now. Self defense! Home defense! Sport shooting! Hunting! Legalized ownership of automatic weapons (if you are willing to pay)! And, on and on!

Go back and read the original verbiage in the 2nd Amendment; then think about all of the things that you can legally do and the firearms you can legally use and own in the context of the modern world, and tell me how the NRA let you down.

The NRA is somewhat of a victim of their own success in that respect. It's not just Elmer Fudds anymore. People are waking up to the realities of what guns can and should be used for. You can see that shift in this thread. They have made terrific achievements no doubt. But now people want more. The young crowd wants even less compromise. And can you really pretend they haven't made significant compromises?

In the context of the 2nd amendment, ensuring the security of the free state and forming militias, that would logically lead one to believe that the people should have access to military weapons. Full-auto, burst fire, destructive devices, etc. The NRA is not now (if they ever were), making any serious effort to provide this. It was hard enough getting them to support HPA, and their support was weak! That's how the NRA let me down. Where is HPA now? Anybody?? Bueller???

You go back and read the original verbiage, and tell me with a straight face what the NRA has done to get us the tools we need for that goal.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I think that is important, but I also don't believe the NRA is the end all be all.

It's more important to get the younger generation involved with local politics than getting involved with national level political groups.

I definitely don’t think the NRA is the end all be all and I haven’t been a member for a few years now.

I have two family members currently going to LSU and not one person they know from school is into guns *most are against them*. It’s only a matter of time before they rule us.

Top Bottom