NRA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    They are backing him because of the range he helped fund for Clark County. I don't agree with the NRA backing him, but that is politics. I sure hope he looses.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'll always be a member- despite not agreeing with EVERYTHING they do. As long as they continue to continue to draw the hatred of the anti-gun crowd, don't worry. That means they're doing something right.;)

GOA is a great group, as well- I'm a member (and that's all you need to know.:D).

And damn it, if you aren't a member of the LSA- what's keeping you? If you need any more proof that you should join, take a good long look at this past session....

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge

This in particular:
    It is important to note that the NRA is a single-issue organization. Our*ratings and endorsements are based solely on a candidate’s support for, or opposition to, our Second Amendment rights. Other issues, as important as they may be to many people, do not and cannot play any role in those decisions.* NRA represents a broad coalition of American gun owners, who are bound together by their support for the right to keep and bear arms.*

They have not yet endorsed Reid, but we must remember that while Republicans and conservatives may be in the minority in Congress right now, 2d Ammendment supporters are in the majority. If not, we would be in a world of trouble with this president.

The NRA has to work with supporters of gun rights from both parties, or it could not be effective. This is why they choose to endorse any incumbent that has a good rating. They cannot abandon a democrat who has helped, to support a republican, based on issues other than gun rights.

Lastly, the NRA points out that you may consider many factors in choosing your candidate

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well- whether they endorse him or not, I've made up my mind:

I am not voting for Harry Reid. :hi5:

:chuckles:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    They make good points. If the D's keep the Senate as they are expected to, and Reid loses, who will be the next D Senate leader? And I have always agreed that the NRA should stick to their issue. Sometimes when organizations get too big they start to get mission creep and lose focus on what they were created for.

From the article:

All of which leads to a very serious question for all NRA members and gun owners who oppose Sen. Reid to contemplate: who would take Reid’s place if he loses his race—and his critically important position as Senate Majority Leader? Remember, the Senate Majority Leader is the gatekeeper who decides which legislation will be considered on the Senate floor. If Sen. Reid loses, the next candidate for Majority Leader is very likely to be Chuck Schumer or Dick Durbin—two of the most anti-gun U.S. Senators in history!

Reid may not be great for all issues, but he'll be better than Schumer or Durbin. All of those bills that didn't go anywhere may become reality with these to as Senate Majority Leader.

If the Republicans didn't screw around the last time they had the Senate, we wouldn't be talking about this now.

Last edited:

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    How true that is. Well I am so glad someone shed some lite on this. I did't know he was that pro gun if that is his true colors. He could turn coat on us if the $#*% hits the fan. I still wouldn't fote for him!!!!!!!!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    ...That keep selling us down the river...

So when do you think they did that (I have my own list)? In any of those instances, was there a political advantage to taking the action that they did? i.e. did they support a bill that was 95% good, but had a bad provision? I always hear a lot of disparaging remarks about NRA, but no one really has a group that can achieve our goals better.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I for one am sick and tired for voting for the lessor of two (or more) evils! When are we going to have someone who we can trust and believe in to vote for? As for the NRA, the ONLY reason I have been a member for the past 2 years is because it was FREE! I'll be danged if I will give money to an organization that doesn't have my back!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    So when do you think they did that (I have my own list)? In any of those instances, was there a political advantage to taking the action that they did? i.e. did they support a bill that was 95% good, but had a bad provision? I always hear a lot of disparaging remarks about NRA, but no one really has a group that can achieve our goals better.

Exactly Right. All other organizations combined don't add up to half of what the NRA does do for us. They are the 800 lb gorrilla in our corner.

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi
    Reid may not be great for all issues, but he'll be better than Schumer or Durbin. All of those bills that didn't go anywhere may become reality with these to as Senate Majority Leader.

Yea he would probably be better on some things than Schumer or Durbin. However, I can not trust him to stay true to his word. Also, who says that Schumer or Durbin will not contest Reid for the position??

Top Bottom