NY Senate Passes "Landmark" Gun Control Laws

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Wow....I almost feel sorry for anyone that lives there....almost...

Amazing they can't learn the lessons that are coming out of Chicago: Strict gun control does not work! In fact, it has the opposite effect.

That's what you get for legislating based on emotion and agenda instead of fact. Unfortunately, the Dems are fixing to try and shove the same crap down the rest of our throats.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    And it won't affect their crime rate at all.

But that will be because other states are still allowing all these guns to flood their cities...

Personally, I'd rather be shot by a gangster, have him grab my wallet, and take off then 3 or 4 of his buddies stab the hell out of me, then rob me as I slowly bleed to death.

Moot point because I would never again live in the NE; let alone NYC.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Holy ****. One feature assault weapons test, gun registration, 7 round mags, pre ban mags outlawed. This is some serious ****.

Is this not Unconstitutional?

I hope it gets challenged and overturned.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Holy ****. One feature assault weapons test, gun registration, 7 round mags, pre ban mags outlawed. This is some serious ****.

I hope it gets challenged and overturned.

It's going to take someone with a lot of bank. NYC has banned guns for year. Clearly unconstitutional (DC vs Heller) and in excess of state laws, but who has the money to challenge them?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Pretty sure I made an ass of myself in a few threads, recently, screaming this from the rooftop. "A prophet has no honor in his own town."

God, how I hate saying 'I told you so.' And so we put our fate in the hands of lawyers, the ones who pass this kind of crap.

Shakespeare had it right.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Pretty sure I made an ass of myself in a few threads, recently, screaming this from the rooftop. "A prophet has no honor in his own town."

God, how I hate saying 'I told you so.' And so we put our fate in the hands of lawyers, the ones who pass this kind of crap.

Shakespeare had it right.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. If you throw enough **** against the wall eventually some of it will stick.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    They will push through as much as the citizens allow.. Same goes for the rest of us.. We don't have to tolerate any of it..

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's going to take someone with a lot of bank. NYC has banned guns for year. Clearly unconstitutional (DC vs Heller) and in excess of state laws, but who has the money to challenge them?

This is exactly why we are giving way to authoritarian rule here. The average US citizen can no longer fight City Hall!

And here is how this virus spreads and infects others; These cowards and morons that live in these places now, will eventually get burdened by the collateral damage their Utopian laws cause and move to more hopspitable environments, upon which their nonsensical retardation will kick in again; and they will start that crap in their new digs.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Am I understanding this new legislation in NY correctly? Max. capacity of 10 rounds with NO grandfathering? Also, any weapon that features both a detachable magazine and a barrel shroud ("shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel") or any weapon with a muzzle brake? If so, they just made a hell of a lot of gun owners criminals.

Top Bottom