Obama accepts being Gay !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    http://gma.yahoo.com/obama-announces-his-support-for-same-sex-marriage.html

I have no words for this.Bible gone,constitution gone,yet we sit and watch it all
    being taken away..New Zealand is looking better all the time....

Of course he does. It is now the most popular stance to take. He has done this his entire career. Do whatever gets votes. If it's 51+% popular, he's 99% likely to adopt it as his own.

Realistically though, who cares whether gay marriage is legal or not? What exactly is this going to change? Are straight people going to suddenly turn gay? The only thing I see is that a tax structure change will occur for what, 10%-ish of the population who wishes to marry? I think roommates should get similar tax status as married couples whether they are romantically inclined or not, so I certainly have nothing against gay people who want to take advantage of same.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    if he really gave a flip about homosexuals, he would remove all federal ties to marriage including tax deductions and incentives...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    if he really gave a flip about homosexuals, he would remove all federal ties to marriage including tax deductions and incentives...

Married couples get those (in my opinion) because of their smaller "footprint" on society, what with cohabitation and sometimes sharing a vehicle and all. I think anyone who co-habitates for more than a year should get those, be they college roommates, married, or whatever.

Of course, I probably missed the "real" reason for the tax deductions.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I'll do everything in my power to keep my children from becoming gay, it's not a lifestyle I admire. However, if life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (and property) are inalienable rights, it's up the the individual to decide what makes them happy and unconstitutional for the government to deny this.

Because marriage (from a legal aspect) is sanctioned by governments, gay people are looking to have the ability to gain that blessing. In the truest form of liberty, you wouldn't need the government's buy-in to be married anyway, the government's sole purpose would be to ensure your freedom to do so (and do some record-keeping I suppose).

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'll do everything in my power to keep my children from becoming gay, it's not a lifestyle I admire. However, if life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (and property) are inalienable rights, it's up the the individual to decide what makes them happy and unconstitutional for the government to deny this.

Because marriage (from a legal aspect) is sanctioned by governments, gay people are looking to have the ability to gain that blessing. In the truest form of liberty, you wouldn't need the government's buy-in to be married anyway, the government's sole purpose would be to ensure your freedom to do so (and do some record-keeping I suppose).

+1

I don't think gay people are "wired the same", though. No law is going to change how you're wired. All of the gays I have known are wired uniquely. Trying to outlaw it would be like trying to outlaw Type A personality or something. You're kids aren't going to "catch the gay" or some crap.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    +1

I don't think gay people are "wired the same", though. No law is going to change how you're wired. All of the gays I have known are wired uniquely. Trying to outlaw it would be like trying to outlaw Type A personality or something. You're kids aren't going to "catch the gay" or some crap.

"catch the gay" :rofl:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm not sure why, other than to the extent that fed income tax is concerned, the president's opinion even makes a damn. if the gov't at any level needs to become involved, it should be the state. isn't the state the entity issuing licenses?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    What I have a problem with is gay couples, being married, would be legally able to adopt. I find this disturbing, every other aspect I have not a problem with.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Fag marriage isn't any more wrong than abortion and most Christians swallow that hook line and sinker...legslating according to the Bible is no better than moozlums who want their religion to be in charge

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    someone hit th enail on the head up above. "During an election year."

Either way, I would hate to think we need a federal government big enough to tell others to live how to live their lives.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Word is The Village People have been invited to the White House.....:doh::doh::doh:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Why is this news? A free people don't need the government's Permission to get married! Marriage is a contract between 3 parties: God, Husband, Wife. Where exactly does the government fit into that? Oh ya, it injects itself into the mix so it can regulate marriage licenses. A Free people would be demanding the gilovernment get out of our damn business when it comes to our own living arrangements, gays included. Who they want to get married to is none of our business. A repeal of the income tax, or at least a flat tax with zero deductions would make this so much easier to do.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    It's all about rights, ya'll.

A lot of people in our country that would dance on George Washington's grave to remove our guns. Do we appreciate it when someone who doesn't particular LIKE guns, still agrees that we have a right to own one?

I won't fight tooth and nail for my idea of what I should and shouldn't be able to do, and assume I also have the right to tell others what they can and cannot do.

Top Bottom