Obama makes (boneheaded, IMHO) statement on Trayvon Martin case

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "All of us have to do some soul-searching to figure out how does something like this happen," he continued. "And that means that we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident."

Uh, what?

What the hell is he talking about? Why do I have to do any "soul-searching" because of the apparent moronic actions of someone in Florida????

Are we now officially responsible for the actions of people we've never met?? :rofl:

It sounds more like he is attempting to tie all gun owners to this one individual- which is total ********. :mad::mad:

For the Love of Christ. :dunno:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57403200-503544/obama-if-i-had-a-son-hed-look-like-trayvon/

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's a speech. We ALL need to a helluva lot of soul searching on a lot of things.

Why the laws? Because the perpetrator was never arrested. With the "unique" social past we have you HAVE to question the circumstances.

Govt will ALWAYS try to take power; what else is new?

Calm down a bit; it's okay. Well, not really but be calm and you'll make it thru little worse for wear.

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's a speech. We ALL need to a helluva lot of soul searching on a lot of things.

Why the laws? Because the perpetrator was never arrested. With the "unique" social past we have you HAVE to question the circumstances.

Govt will ALWAYS try to take power; what else is new?

Calm down a bit; it's okay. Well, not really but be calm and you'll make it thru little worse for wear.

LOL!

I just worry about speeches like this dividing us- as gun owners- from the rest of the country, you know?

This situation is NOT helpful to us.

At the same time, I don't want to make it sound like I don't feel for the kid's family- I do. Unlike the president, I will not pretend like I "understand" what they are going through; I cannot. They have lost a child- the ultimate loss. That is something only those that have been through can truly relate to.....I can't.

This should NEVER have happened. I just hate to think of people working to make ALL of us look like the person who did this. Real statistics say that is far from accurate. WE know that; others do not.

Okay, I'll take your advice and cool off. It's Friday.....:)

Last edited:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    One thing you have to admire about African Americans, and that is, they can unite as one on the national level when they feel an injustice has been done. White America doesn't seem to be able to unite on anything, at least in a public protesting way. He-l, you cannot even get white people to unite on a local level.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    One thing you have to admire about African Americans, and that is, they can unite as one on the national level when they feel an injustice has been done. White America doesn't seem to be able to unite on anything, at least in a public protesting way. He-l, you cannot even get white people to unite on a local level.

True, True!!

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

U stated this before and withheld comment. I TEND to agree and I was hoping this trait could transcend race with Obama. In some ways it did as the plan was for Global Warfare BEFORE 2012. It hasn't happened YET BUT THE PLANS ARE STILL ON THE TABLE.

If we can transcend the race ******** we'd be UNFREAKINGSTOPPABLE as a nation. The Elite's ultimate card is "divide the races and cause conflict btwn them."

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA

To answer that with a quote from one of the news sites:

The outrage in the black community over this child's death is %100 appropriate. What is, by comparison, inappropriate, is the level of outrage in the black community over drop-out rates, single parent homes, gang membership, gang related injury and death, and proportionally high incarceration rates.

This situation really has nothing to do with race, yet we keep making it the case. We should all be up in arms over this. An unarmed young man was killed. There needs to be more of an investigation. This should/ would be an outrage for any race to be either victim or aggressor. The right thing needs to be done, and that is to investigate it further. PERIOD.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    The outrage in the black community over this child's death is %100 appropriate. What is, by comparison, inappropriate, is the level of outrage in the black community over drop-out rates, single parent homes, gang membership, gang related injury and death, and proportionally high incarceration rates.

Truer words have never been spoken. When the black community FINALLY gets fed up with all the things mentioned, true change will begin to happen. Whites can't change it, government can't change it, laws can't change it.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Just one quick search...and from what I just saw on news it's spreading fast

http://isearch.avg.com/search?cid={...bbebb9a64df&lang=us&ds=AVG&pr=pa&d=2012-02-14 08:45:42&v=10.0.0.7&sap=dsp&q=map+of+protest+trayvon+

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    He says we need to do some pondering of the heart, yet can't be honest about his roots. He says we beed to do some pondering of the heart, but cannot read the Constitution and like enough about to appreciate the lives that died to uphold our government; he instead wants to destroy it. Sounds like the public idiot lost his teleprompter.

Bull. That is a humongous pile of stinking, festering bull.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I think the stupider statement that Obama made....

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."

Going for all the votes he can get. The question now is how will he maintain the hispanic vote?

I posted on MSN that if he would look at the couple and their son that were murdered by the 5 black men in Gonzales on Babin Road he might see his grandparents. Where is the "outrage" over that?

Something stinks here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom