Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I do not give a rats ass if people get their checks late.

The age needs to be raised to 80 or 85, when SS started only about 2% of the people lived long enough to get the money. We should also end survivor benefits. The only thing that I am willing to keep is disability, but non of this "I'm Too Fat To Work" BS that goes on now.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You do realize it's broader than that thought right?

Mr. Obama told Pelley “this is not just a matter of Social Security checks. These are veterans checks(Retired/Disabled Vets), these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out.”

It's in the video.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I bet he can guarantee that he gets his check...

Fear mongering compliments of Commisar Obama...

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Mr. Obama told Pelley “this is not just a matter of Social Security checks. These are veterans checks(Retired/Disabled Vets), these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out.”

WW1 vets marched on Washington http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmo4ygPTjc . It will happen again with SS prepaid investors helping again. It's already organizing on some of my vet sites. What do we old farts and disabled vets have to loose ?

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There are veterans on SSDI, and they would receive late payments if Obama puts them low on the priority list. He can do the same thing for all federal employees including active military. It is his choice what they pay if the debt ceiling is not raised.

I still do not think that we should have an SS program, or Medicare, definitely no Medicaid, or welfare, or food stamps.

I would not put the hard choices on the next President, I would make the choice now to live within our means every year. If we bring in $2.2 trillion next year, you have $2.2 trillion to spend, including debt service.

The spending here is ridiculous, and the government does not need to be taking other people's money to pay for those who are less fortunate. In an ideal world we would have ZERO government assistance, and if you needed help you would have to depend on those close to you (in your own community).

Our military is full of pork spending, that can be cut too. There is no need for the government to be funding all of these programs that do not work. If Boeing wants to make a stealth helicopter that can also be used under water, or something else, then they should fund it in hopes of selling it.

The government throws so much money down the drain, it is not funny.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    That SOB just playing to people's fears. He is not a leader, he is simply using communitiy organizer-street thug tactics to try to bully Boehner into caving.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So yes, I am an evil person who would take away veterans checks.

I am fine with refunding what they PAID IN. The deal that the government is cutting with everyone now is ridiculous. If you want to keep the SS age down, then we need to at least limit the years that you can receive payment to 15.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I tell you what. They are using extortion tactics against the older Americans for sure. What a piece of sh-t this country's politicians have turned in to.

The only difference in the TWO party system in the U.S. is that one works in the day and the other works at night. It's the same old krap regardless of which one is blabbering off at the mouth.

Let me ask you something, people. Who in the he-l is standing up for the older Americans and Vets in this country. Just who?

Evidently very few.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "Perhaps if we would start limiting the jet-set entourages to 200 people, Mr. President....."

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i would like to opt out of paying my SS among many other taxes... people forget that at one time (1935) , those who never put into SS withdrew from it.. so when the program is coming to an end, there will be people who put into it that never will get anything out of it...

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I tell you what. They are using extortion tactics against the older Americans for sure. What a piece of sh-t this country's politicians have turned in to.

The only difference in the TWO party system in the U.S. is that one works in the day and the other works at night. It's the same old krap regardless of which one is blabbering off at the mouth.

Let me ask you something, people. Who in the he-l is standing up for the older Americans and Vets in this country. Just who?

Evidently very few.

Nothing is going to happen to those currently receiving benefits except a late payment or two.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Stop all foriegn aid now, no more welfare for the abler bodied, all troops back in the U S protecting our borders, hunt down all illegals and ship their butts to Mexico where they probably cross in at, and term limits for all politician. Execute all prisoners on death row within 60 days, politicians convicted of corruption get executed by firing squad. Flat tax and no more IRS, TSA, FBI, DEA. No more Mr Niceguy when dealing with terrorist nations, blow them out of existence forever.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Stop all foriegn aid now, no more welfare for the abler bodied, all troops back in the U S protecting our borders, hunt down all illegals and ship their butts to Mexico where they probably cross in at, and term limits for all politician. Execute all prisoners on death row within 60 days, politicians convicted of corruption get executed by firing squad. Flat tax and no more IRS, TSA, FBI, DEA. No more Mr Niceguy when dealing with terrorist nations, blow them out of existence forever.

Sounds so simple, doesn't it? Too bad it will never happen.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    The truth is it is relatively simple, all it would take are politicians that put the needs of the country ahead of their career. Good luck finding ONE of those.
    It's total BS they can say anyone 55 yo and younger might not receive SS, well then why are we still paying into something that we'll probably never reap the benefits of? Remember, it the SS system changed when Johnson raided it in order to fund a war.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I'd like to opt out of SS right now and they could keep what I have in. I could stick dollar per dollar in a low yield savings acount and come out way better. I've already recived letter for SS admin saying that I could expect 60 cent on the dollar from what I put in... I could buy guns and make better investments.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom