Obama Unveils Plan to Federalize Police

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    There's also web pages on elvis sightings, alien abductions, and about how the government is putting tiny GPS trackers in fruit loops cereal. Can we move this post to the comedy forum?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It would be too daunting of a task to do this nationwide with less than 2 years left for Obama. This is like the crazy talk that takes place during the lame duck stage of a term. "He is going to declare marshal law so that he can remain in office."

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    If you are going to make the accusation, defend it.

http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/pdf/taskforce/Interim_TF_Report.pdf

Where in the above report is the plan for the Federal Police report?

It's 115 pages. 15 pages are an introduction, so just 100 pages for you to read through and report back on.

The ball is in your court.

So I have to read through 100 pages to come to the conclusion that he's setting in place federal guidelines that will oversee and supercede state and local regulations? It's a power grab riding off the heels of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    So I have to read through 100 pages to come to the conclusion that he's setting in place federal guidelines that will oversee and supercede state and local regulations?

Well, yea. Anybody can go on that website and make up a bogus news article.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    If you read the report you will see it is only recommendations for "improving" police issues based on a few months (translated to hours) of meetings and discussion. Your post is blatantly misleading, as is the article. There are numerous studies recommended and it indicated in several sections more research is required to address possible civil liberty and privacy issues, especially concerning body cameras.

The task force report is an interim report. That means there is more to come, but let me guess, you meant that but we are all just interpreting that wrong, right.

in·ter·im /ˈin(t)ərəm/ noun
    1. the intervening time.
    "in the interim I'll just keep my fingers crossed"
    synonyms: meantime, meanwhile, intervening time; More
    interlude, interval
    "in the interim they did more research"

adjective: interim
    1. in or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary.
    "an interim arrangement"
    synonyms: provisional, temporary, pro tem, stopgap, short-term, fill-in, caretaker, acting, transitional, makeshift, improvised, impromptu
    "an interim advisory body"

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    So I have to read through 100 pages to come to the conclusion that he's setting in place federal guidelines that will oversee and supercede state and local regulations? It's a power grab riding off the heels of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Before you reach a conclusion about anything, you should read it first.
    :doh:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hello people that can't read. I'm not about to waste my precious time attempting to quote all the places this thread titles is obviously not supported by the proof.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Hello people that can't read. I'm not about to waste my precious time attempting to quote all the places this thread titles is obviously not supported by the proof.

Exactly, don't jump to conclusion until you have actually educated yourself a little more on the topic.

"Is the ATF still trying to ban all 5.56/.223 ammo?! I heard they are trying to ban ALL AMMO NOW!"

(Sarcasm is abundant in the quotations for those that didn't catch it)

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Y'all seriously need to quit reading Glenn Beck and Alex Jones style garbage. There's a whole bright world out there, and everybody is not out to get you.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    yup. If you wanna be afraid, there's plenty to be afraid of without playin make believe.

Exactly. Go to Dixie Landin' and ride a roller coaster or something if you want some adrenaline. As much as you might think it, "they" are not out to get you. You're part of "them" anyway. This ain't the zombie apocalypse, people. We live in probably the most civilized country in the world, with a governmental structure that isn't perfect, but it sure beats the hell out of anything else out there, and a population that, while a good portion is pretty uninformed, still pays pretty good attention to what's up. Just chill. Live your life. There's no need to freak out every time some crazy idiot puts out an exaggerated news story.

</a ton of caveats>

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom