Obama vs. Romney on Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bulldawg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    New Roads
    Here's an interesting article from Bloomberg:

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-10-10/obama-and-romney-where-they-stand-on-the-issues#p2

It covers a lot of issues, but here's what it says on guns...

"GUNS:

Obama: Has not pushed for stricter gun laws as president. Signed laws letting people carry concealed weapons in national parks and in checked bags on Amtrak trains. Favors "robust steps, within existing law" to address gun issues, White House says. Voices support for renewed ban on assault-type weapons but has not tried to get that done. Previously backed stronger gun controls.

Romney: Opposes stricter gun control laws. Suggested after the Colorado theater shooting that he favors tougher enforcement of existing gun laws. As Massachusetts governor, vowed in 2002 to protect the state's "tough gun laws," and in 2004 signed a Massachusetts ban on assault weapons."

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-10-10/obama-and-romney-where-they-stand-on-the-issues#p2

"GUNS:

Obama: Has not pushed for stricter gun laws as president. Signed laws letting people carry concealed weapons in national parks and in checked bags on Amtrak trains. Favors "robust steps, within existing law" to address gun issues, White House says. Voices support for renewed ban on assault-type weapons but has not tried to get that done. Previously backed stronger gun controls.

That's a willfully ignorant and misleading spin on that particular bit of legislation. The national park carry part was a rider on the credit card reform bill. Obama was forced to sign, rider and all, if he wanted it to pass.

They're both anti, and there's plenty I abhor about Romney. I am forced to go with the one who will most likely not nominate more **** to SCOTUS.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The long and short of it is that Obama is better for guns than Romney.

Romney has passed gun control bills, assault weapon bans, and is a typical New England yankee class-warfare bastard. His whole character is one of opulence that doesn't believe us "little people" should have the same rights, akin to most of the blowhard gun control people being a-ok with their armed security guards.

Obama has supported a couple measures that probably weren't worth fighting, but has expressed anti-gun sentiments and should be feared.

The biggest thing I fear is Romney getting elected and supporting gun control, and getting the support of "party-line" Republicans in Congress enough to pass it. If Obama pushed for gun control, you know damned well every Republican, and some of the pro-gun Democrats would oppose him.

I think in another 2 years, people will be back to saying "oh we screwed up..." and electing more Republicans into the House and Senate, making us statistically a bit safer.

I don't have any idea who Romney would put into the SCOTUS and if it'd be better/worse than Obama. Both of them hate Americans at large, and only care about the elite class, favoring a separation of liberty.

That's why this election sucks so hard for personal liberties.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The long and short of it is that Obama is better for guns than Romney.

Romney has passed gun control bills, assault weapon bans, and is a typical New England yankee class-warfare bastard. His whole character is one of opulence that doesn't believe us "little people" should have the same rights, akin to most of the blowhard gun control people being a-ok with their armed security guards.

Obama has supported a couple measures that probably weren't worth fighting, but has expressed anti-gun sentiments and should be feared.

The biggest thing I fear is Romney getting elected and supporting gun control, and getting the support of "party-line" Republicans in Congress enough to pass it. If Obama pushed for gun control, you know damned well every Republican, and some of the pro-gun Democrats would oppose him.

I think in another 2 years, people will be back to saying "oh we screwed up..." and electing more Republicans into the House and Senate, making us statistically a bit safer.

I don't have any idea who Romney would put into the SCOTUS and if it'd be better/worse than Obama. Both of them hate Americans at large, and only care about the elite class, favoring a separation of liberty.

That's why this election sucks so hard for personal liberties.

I dont like either myself. But only one of them is egomaniacal, AND, only one would be a lame duck president, which is scarier than anything I could imagine. What fear does a lame duck president have of signing any executive order he wishes? He doesnt care now, he certainly wouldnt care then.

I dont like Romney's politics much, but he is certainly the better choice for our freedom.

IMHO, if the CIA could brainwash our enemies as well as labor unions do a lot our citizens, we wouldnt even be having these conversations. I not saying all laabor unions are bad, because I feel that some are needed, especially for LE.

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009

It covers a lot of issues, but here's what it says on guns...

"GUNS:

Romney: Opposes stricter gun control laws. Suggested after the Colorado theater shooting that he favors tougher enforcement of existing gun laws. As Massachusetts governor, vowed in 2002 to protect the state's "tough gun laws," and in 2004 signed a Massachusetts ban on assault weapons."

You just got your answer from 60 state Barry, HE WILL REINTRODUCE AN ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN! JUST SAID IN DEBATE!

bigchris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    CHACKBAY,LA
    When will the ass clowns learn that CRIMINALS dnt care about the laws or rules of society and that they only punish the good when they talk about passing crap like this.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well, I'll say one thing...

After tonight, Obama will once again be the best thing that happened to the gun business, at least for the next month. *sigh*

Bought a big box of anticipatory AR mags... hoping ammo stays "normal" until I can replenish the disposable income to get ammo next.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I don't know anyone who really likes either of the major candidates. It's pretty sad when our legislative/political/electoral/two-party system really only allows two choices and most people are voting against the person they don't like...

xwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Obama is extremely anti-gun. He is on record stating "I don't believe private citizens should be allowed to own guns", and has appointed gun-hating justices and bureaucrats. He hasn’t done anything too painfully obvious in the first term, because he wants to get reelected. But if he does, he will declare open war on gun owners in Term 2. Romney is not specifically anti-gun, although he certainly isn’t a big defender of the 2nd amendment either.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Did anyone catch the opening of SNL this week? It was a parody of the second debate. Here was the one question on firearms. It starts at minute eight of this video.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/town-hall-debate-cold-open/1421365

Questioner: "I was wondering what either of you would do to keep dangerous assault weapons such as AK47s off the street."

Romney: "Ah, nothing"
    Obama: "I would also do nothing"

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
    - Mitt Romney, 2004

:)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "I would have protected your gun rights! See, I am hunting. I love hunting. See the gun I have, it's a 50 caliber Winchester Remington Auto 30/30. Look at this big duck I shot! See my waders for this field"
    images

:doh:

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I like the 50 cal for the "duck," which is a goose :rolleyes: He would say something like that

Neither is very good for gun rights.

Even more of a reason I sure as hell hope the LA amendment passes

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom