Obama's Proposals *LIVE* & discussion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    It will look like a "pretender for President" campaign all over again.

Yep...

Biden: Obama may use campaign 'mold' to plug gun policy

"Vice President Joe Biden told a group of House Democrats Monday that the White House could use the Obama for America campaign infrastructure built during the presidential campaigns to push for the gun control policies that the White House intends to introduce on Wednesday."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...may-use-campaign-mold-to-plug-gun-policy?lite

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    My Ar15 just whispered to me........it's because I am black isn't it ?

:rofl:

No problems here:
    green_carbine_large.jpg

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Bayoupiper did it today, too, and you didn't say ____ to him. I gonna tell the mods on you.......wait.......that's not right.

I'll save you the trouble of typing, "I like him better."

:D

Your error is mistaking me for a mod in this side of the house. I may be posting over here in this mad house, but I'm smart enough not to let them sucker me into modding it. :dogkeke:

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I say it passes the House. I hope I'm wrong but I just have zero faith in politicians. They'll bargain away our gun rights to get something they really want. Throw in the sheeple making calls of their own to Congress plus the Liberal Media with their carrot on a stick trick. I can see it passing.

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I say it passes the House.... I can see it passing.

I tend to agree. A year ago, I would have said anyone saying that a Republican majority U.S. House would pass any gun control law was total nonsense, but after Obama's "change will come when people demand it" speech yesterday coupled with the liberal media's spin... I could see enough Republican's caving to the pressure to get some version of this passed.

gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "Senate Democratic leadership sources tell CNN that passing any new legislation will be extremely difficult because more than a dozen vulnerable Democrats from conservative states will probably resist much of what the president is pushing.

These Democratic sources say the most likely legislation to pass will be strengthening background checks, since it is the least overt form of gun control and it also appeals to gun rights advocates' emphasis on keeping guns away from people with mental health and criminal problems"

Hopefully CNN is correct on this one.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    How are they going to know if you don't do a background check for a private sale? That's what the "Universal Background Check" is all about. They want to control the sale of privately held goods (your guns). The only way I see this being done is by a registry of purchases kept by the NICS or some other agency with serial #'s , make and model of the firearms in question. How else are they going to know if you made a private sale without a "UBC"(background check)?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    How are they going to know if you don't do a background check for a private sale? That's what the "Universal Background Check" is all about. They want to control the sale of privately held goods (your guns). The only way I see this being done is by a registry of purchases kept by the NICS or some other agency with serial #'s , make and model of the firearms in question. How else are they going to know if you made a private sale without a "UBC"(background check)?

That's the the point. In a few months or NEXT TIME they'll say we need reform, we need to Register ALL Firearms so the Universal Background Checks can work.

There's always a plan. Little by Little.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    "Senate Democratic leadership sources tell CNN that passing any new legislation will be extremely difficult because more than a dozen vulnerable Democrats from conservative states will probably resist much of what the president is pushing.

These Democratic sources say the most likely legislation to pass will be strengthening background checks, since it is the least overt form of gun control and it also appeals to gun rights advocates' emphasis on keeping guns away from people with mental health and criminal problems"

Hopefully CNN is correct on this one.

I believe this is the correct assement. I am concerned about who and how mental illness is defined but I general aim in favor of working to make laws that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill more enforceable.

Top Bottom