OC guy gets shot by police.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Well, this is twofold...

You also need to train the police as well. You never know when you will have some po-boy eating reserve officer that has watched one too many Mel Gibson movies try to make himself a hero, shoot the poor bastard, but claim that he was "goin for his gun"...

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    The show is damn good. They cover the wrong way, the right way, and the best way to handle different situations.

BTW, it's on channel 314 or 315 on charter Wednesday nights

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The show is damn good. They cover the wrong way, the right way, and the best way to handle different situations.

BTW, it's on channel 314 or 315 on charter Wednesday nights

I agree, for those with open minds, there is a lot to be gleaned from their presentations. Keeping in mind it is not meant for the uber ninja in many of the members here, for the average person who is generally educated by the television anyway, they do a good job of presenting it to the "non-gunguy" masses in a manner that is informative and easy to understand.

Turbodog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Tangipahoa parish
    I refuse to believe that even the most vehement open carrier is going to pull their damn gun when cops are drawn down on them unless they are mentally retarded. They used the most outlandish scenario possible.

Yep, even MEM ain't quite that stupid. Look at all the OC video's on youtube.
    I haven't looked at every single one of them, but I didn't see a single OC'er touch their sidearm in a police encounter yet.

I hope other episodes of Best Defense are not as unrealistic as this one.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Yep, even MEM ain't quite that stupid. Look at all the OC video's on youtube.
    I haven't looked at every single one of them, but I didn't see a single OC'er touch their sidearm in a police encounter yet.

I hope other episodes of Best Defense are not as unrealistic as this one.
    Did you watch/see the episode?

:)

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Bullplop.

I stopped watching after that initial encounter. Right there, I didn't care to see what they had to say. By portraying that retard acting like an idiot, pulling his gun out in front of police... yea, no, I expect little to nothing balanced or unbiased about open carry. Assholes.

Turbodog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Tangipahoa parish
    Did you watch/see the episode?

:)

Beyond the clip posted by Nola? No. I generally spend O dark 30 in the morning sleeping rather than watching TV.

mb504 mentioned they do a wrong, right and best way to handle situations.
    Am I to assume what was in the clip was the "wrong way" example?

I'm saying I hope their other ideas for situation examples are more realistic than that.
    All that was is an example of suicide-by-cop and no one with that mindset is going to do that by simply walking around OCing and hoping the cops show up. I believe such a person is going to be a tad more proactive toward getting his ticket punched.

Are there OCers who look for police encounters? Yes there are. But most are not looking for problems and none are going to do something stupid like put their hands on their sidearm or, God forbid, draw it when confronted by police, unless they already have a deathwish.

Speedlace, do you have a link to the full episode?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom