OCing deters Armed Robbery

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    A person must be admitted to a public accommodation if doing nothing illegal such as the aforementioned reckless endangerment, a violation of the health and safety code, etc. Many states have not yet reconciled their laws governing public accommodations with the federal version.

Wrong. If I dislike the fact that you wear blue suede shoes I can ask you leave my place of business and not come back. If you refuse, I can call and have the police remove you. If you carry a gun openly I can refuse to let you into my place of business just like my home.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I wouldn't go in there in the first place. The fact that they have posted a sign on the front door that basically tells a potential armed robber to "come and git it" is enough to make me spend my $$ elsewhere. I will not support a business that considers me to be on the same level as a criminal. Period.

Thinking people who are pro-2A and believe in the right to self-preservation simply need to take note and respond accordingly.

So Waffle House is posted fir no CC?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You can do that to white people wearing blue suede shoes, but try it on a minority asshat wearing blue suede shoes.

As long as your have a sign indicating that you don't allow blue suede shoes, you can boot whoever you like. They might cry racism anyway, but that's their deal. Guns are the same. In terms of attire, they're another accessory.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You can do that to white people wearing blue suede shoes, but try it on a minority asshat wearing blue suede shoes.

So what is your point with this? Are you saying you can or cannot bar someone with blue sued shoes.

We already know you cannot discriminate based on race,

but something as obscure and not protected by law, like blue suede shoes..can you do it?

i say yes.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Okay. I meant as long as it's official policy (I thought this meant a sign).

this is what I am talking about. Hence previous remaining in one's lane comments...however, you provide a great speaking point :)

This is a good example of someone "thinking" they know the law when they really have no idea, and then acting (even is as inane as posting) on that ill-informed misconception

many LEO, not meaning harm, live by what i call the "common sense fallacy concept " of law.

basically, if it makes sense to them, then it must be true.

It makes sense to many people that you cannot OC. It makes sense to many people that a gun in a glove box is concealed base on the reality they cannot see and thus without a permit must be illegal. it makes sense to many people that you can never shoot someone in the back. it makes sense to many people that you should fire a warning shot.

These are all things that to us here are laughable, but to someone not into this subject like us, it makes sense. i see it literally everyday, from both LEO and non-LEO.

Cloudstrife, while I do not agree with a lot that you post on here, this is not an attack on you, it is simply using what you posted to illustrate a point.

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Do all Waffle Houses have a no guns sign? I have been to the one on siegan and the one in Denham and I dont remember seeing a sign at either one.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If you want to see a picture that just screams "I need to be killed on principal alone" take a look at the picture of the shooter that accompanies the story in the Georgia news paper about this.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you want to see a picture that just screams "I need to be killed on principal alone" take a look at the picture of the shooter that accompanies the story in the Georgia news paper about this.

You mean these fine citizens?
    12425364_BG2.jpg

12425364_BG3.jpg

12425364_BG4.jpg

Top Bottom