OC'rs Unite!! Mission accomplished!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This.

The request is being made in part because more people have been bringing guns into Starbucks over the last six months, prompting confusion and dismay among some patrons and employees, Schultz told Reuters in an interview.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This.

The request is being made in part because more people have been bringing guns into Starbucks over the last six months, prompting confusion and dismay among some patrons and employees, Schultz told Reuters in an interview.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I guess it's safe to say that the bulk of Bayoushooter 'haters' called it, and were proven right.

Where's that AR-toting Starbucks-going dude that didn't have the sack to show up? Will he admit he's wrong to even think his plan was a good idea, now?

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Well good job you "I'm going to carry an AR slung on my back to the coffee shop to show my appreciation for them not wanting to even be a part of the gun debate" fools. Well now they are, and they fell on the side of political correctness as any smart business would do. Way to go you bunch of f**king mall ninjas!

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    It didn't help that over zealous "gun owners" took it upon themselves to celebrate Starbuck's policy in an unappropriate manner and kept re-enforcing an issue that didn't need to be re-enforced......it was already there. They should've just kept to themselves and act like civilized adults instead of boasting the fact that they have guns that a publc display of they're guns would somehow garner more support for 2A cause. Well.......let me just say.......we told you so!! Didn't we say that unwanted attention would have a negative outcome? Did you all really have to be ANAL RETENTIVE about this??!!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    We are truly our own worst enemy. Maybe one day these idiotic tards will not feel the need to run around showing off their gun in their bad ass super tactical nylon and velcro drop leg holster, with an AR slung on their back.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Having read the article, am I wrong that he basically just said that they are against open carry but won't enforce it?

But I agree that the open carriers did it to themselves. There has to be a point where you have your rights/ opinions with out rubbing them in the face of other people who don't agree with you. And until OCers come to terms with this, they will continue to be their own worst enemy.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    It didn't help that over zealous "gun owners" took it upon themselves to celebrate Starbuck's policy in an unappropriate manner and kept re-enforcing an issue that didn't need to be re-enforced......it was already there. They should've just kept to themselves and act like civilized adults instead of boasting the fact that they have guns that a publc display of they're guns would somehow garner more support for 2A cause. Well.......let me just say.......we told you so!! Didn't we say that unwanted attention would have a negative outcome? Did you all really have to be ANAL RETENTIVE about this??!!

What Cujo said +100.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Lighten up, Francises.

This is CLEARLY not a legitimate news article, because an AR-15 is not pictured- nor is it even mentioned anywhere in the article. :dunno:

So please- stop embarrassing yourselves and keep the premature gloating in the stable.

:D

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    These OC nuts really want to f it up for everyone. But at least Starbucks is being reasonable.

"Schultz underscored that Starbucks' new policy is not a ban - employees will continue to serve patrons with guns. The request also does not apply to authorized law enforcement personnel."

Maybe they can stop "appreciating" Starbucks now before every retail establishment bans respectful concealed carry folks.

Top Bottom