October: Ghost Stories anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Ive had many things over the years that would fall into the paranormal category, but heres the the one that stands out in my mind foremost.
    This will be a bit long, but it is absolutely true. Happened a few years back.I got engaged on Sept 20th 2008, my fiance’s house got pummeled in Hurricane Gustav, since she coulntt live there till it was fixed and livable again(being screwed over by the insurance company so that’s a whole other story and thread worthy on its on)she was sharing my mobile home with me(along with her Siberian Husky) To add some stress and weirdness to the mix, A lot of strange things happened around my home lately that are starting to lead us to believe there’s some paranormal **** going down(layman’s terms...I think we’ve got a ghost/poltergeist).
    About 2 months before, my girlfriend returned home from work to find the cats water dish moved to the middle of the bathroom floor(about 3 feet from where it normally is) It is a self watering one, full to the top and would easily spill if pushed. It is sitting on top of a rubberized anti-skid mat, so sliding it off the mat (like by the cat) would be nearly impossible. Add to this the fact that the dog was locked in his pen the entire day while we were working so it couldn’t have been him. She moved it back and thought little of it till she came back in about 10 minutes later after walking the dog and found it moved back again(no one was in the house at the time).Fast forward a week and one night after showering and brushing my teeth, I was going to walk down the hall to the kitchen and get some water. I left the bathroom light on but the bedroom light was off. As I’m approaching the hall my girlfriend who was already in bed asks if I can “turn the light out in the bathroom” as its keeping her up. Before she can even finish asking this and while I’m a good 20 feet across the room from the bathroom, the light suddenly turns off by itself! 2 days later while home alone during the day I go the bathroom to take a leak. Its bright outside so there is no need to turn the lights on in there. As I’m standing at the sink washing my hands, I am thinking about the light episode from a few nights before. Suddenly as if on cue, the frickin light turns on at that very moment! I have checked the wiring in the house and the switches are not worn or defective where they could be delayed in operating after touching them. The switches’ position definitely changed own its own!
    Now with the stress and **** that was going on with my girl’s destroyed home, the last thing I wanted to do was freak her out about the place so I was reluctant at this point to tell her about the latest light switch incident. She calls me at work one evening about a week later freaked out yet again. It seems that the night before we had gone out to eat. I had come home and eaten a few Hershey’s Kisses for dessert before going to bed. I had just put the 4 foil wrappers on the coffee table in the living room before heading off to bed. Got up early the next morning and had to hurry to make it to work on time, but noticed the dog had smelled the chocolate aroma coming from the candy wrappers and knocked them on the floor. I figured Id pick them up when I got home the following morning from the fire station or Id get my girl to pick them up when she got home. Talked to her later that day at work on her cell and she said” yeah I saw them there too, but I was in a hurry to get to work too and Ill pick it up when I get home after while”(both guilty of running at last minute to get there on time) Well she called from the house later that evening and said she walked in the front door with the intention of picking it up first thing, but as she swung the door open, noticed the 4 wrappers rolled up and neatly place in a pile in the middle of the coffee table! She didn’t pick them up and do it (if she'd bothered to pick it up earlier that day, she would have chunked them into the trash on her way out in the trashcan by the door.)The wrappers werent just thown up there either, it was a neat little pile, perfectly placed and exactly in the middle of the table. Add to this, the dog has been acting very strange over the last week or two, looking into the living room or other empty rooms when there’s nothing there, and acting like he sees something(sometimes barking, sometimes cowering, but definitely acting unusual. A few other things have happened too (couple of weird noises, things falling down for no reason[books fell off the shelf in the bedroom the other night], Not sure what to make of all this, as I’d never had any strange stuff happen there before this, and though I love good horror flicks and am very interested in ghosts and hauntings, I’ve got to tell you, having weird stuff happening in your own home can be a bit unnerving. I tried to keep a good sense of humor about it(she asked me after the Hersey’s Kisses wrapper thing, what do you think we should do, and I told her “what the hell, Ill put the ghost on salary if it’ll vacuum, dust and do dishes too” ) but to be honest, since I work 24 hour shift work and she was home alone sometimes, I know she was kind of scared by all this.
    We've since been married for over 2 years and I sold the trailer shortly aftr, but Ive though back on that time often and how wierd those experiences were.

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I do hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the majority of the stories at The Myrtles aren't factual. There is no record of Chloe, and there has only been one confirmed death/murder in the house.

Not saying I want to walk the house or grounds at night though, lol.

Yeah, I know some of their stories, like the slave woman Chloe, weren't true. Still it makes a good ghost story and that's not to say that people haven't seen a ghost that looks like a slave woman running around with out an ear....even if she didn't really exist

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Here's another ghostly thing that happened to me. I work as many of you know as a professional firefighter in my town in Louisiana. The substation which I use to work out of up until a few years ago is the original fire station for our town, built around the 1920’s on the grounds of the old building which was built in the late 1890’s.
    Anyway, I had been told by quite a few of the older firemen who worked out of that station that the place was haunted,and supposedly has been so for many decades, but up till then I’d never seen or experienced any of it myself. We work 24 hour shifts, on duty 24 hours & off for 48 hours, so after about 9:00 p.m. we are allowed to sleep(though of course we respond immediately if we are called out to a run) Well, one night around 10:00, I was in the front office of the building online checking my email.The office is really just a small corner of the main meeting room with wooden lower half walls and windows all the way around it. The lights were out and my coworker was already asleep.The main room was completely dark except for a little light seeping out from under the bathroom door which slightly illuminated my coworkers bed. I could see his silhouette in his bunk and know for a fact that he was sleeping in bed. We only work with 2 people per substation so it was just him and me in the locked down building that night. While online, I felt and heard a huge thump or hit on the backside of the partition wall which my chair which was leaning against. At first I though it was a truck passing outside that backfired or something, but it was not a sonic type of boom, it was something physically and solidly hitting the wall just behind me. I got up, walked out into the main room which was still dark (though my eyes had adjusted by then to where I could see that noone was in the room besides me. As I’m walking back into the office, I glanced back at my coworkers bunk and saw that he was still sound asleep and never moved. I had no sooner sat back down in the chair (thinking to myself that it must have been my imagination) when a MUCH more intense and DEFINITE 3 consecutive HARD thumps hit the wall with enough force that I felt it through my chair so that it moved me forward. I jumped up and wasting no time quickly made my way to the other side of the building (lights on!) to sleep…or attempt to . Told my co-worker about it the next day but he never woke during the night.
    A few shifts later, while watching tv in the main living room one evening with his fiancé who stopped by for a little while to visit, he swore that out of the corner of his eye he saw something grey & somewhat human shaped but short, move through the kitchen doorway slowly and disappear. Neither I nor his girlfriend saw it, but he swore that he did and was well freaked out by what he saw.This happened twice that night within 20 minutes of each other, and he was visibly shaken by it.
    To list just a few of the things that we’ve had happen there:

We’ve heard doors open and close, seen an attic door open on its open multiple times, heard footsteps when no one is there,heard voices in the next room and as soon as youd walk toward the room, it would stop, papers shuffling in the office when noone is in there, the TV has turned on and off and changed channels by itself. Some of the guys who have been stationed here before me and come by to drink coffee once in a while have told us that they use to hear the sound of dominos being slammed down on the table in the other room late at night when there was no one there(some of the old volunteer fireman use to ‘play bones’ back in the 40’s and 50’s at the station…most of these fireman have passed away many years ago)
    One evening around 6:00 while watching the news I walked to the bathroom to take a leak. The bathroom is a shared one by both sides of the living quarters(jack 'n' jill bathroom I think is what they call these) and I had the door slightly ajar so that I could continue watching the news on tv through the door opening while whizzing. The doors have the old-style porcelain knobs and the hook and eye hasp latches for locks. Looking at the television over my left shoulder while standing at the toilet, the hook part of the latch suddenly slammed back and forth by itself as if someone had hit it hard with their hand. I had been in the bathroom for at least a minute already & had not touched the door walking into the bathroom (I came through the other door) and my coworker was still outside washing the fire truck. Needless to say, I stopped pissing midstream with the worst case of “stage fright “ I’d ever experienced!

Finally about 2 months after the previously mentioned things happened to me, I was working one night at the same fire station. I had turned in early(around 10:30 which is early for me). I slept in the front room of the station while my coworker slept in the back half where the office was. The lights in the room were off but I (as was typical at the time) had left the tv on with the sound turned down low. I’m not a chicken or anything, I just like having some light in the room in case we have a fire run so that I can see when I jump up to get the radio and don’t go falling or tripping on anything in the room. Anyway, at 3:47 a.m.( I know this because I could see the lighted clock on the far wall when it happened) I suddenly awoke to the feeling of a very heavy weight pushing down on my chest and seemingly holding me down. It was so oppressive and strong that I could not sit up(it literally felt as if I had a pallet of bricks on my chest!) I also felt a presence in the room besides myself. I opened my eyes and could see a black cloud-like mass floating in front of my face. It had no definite shape and seemed to be both growing and hovering there ominously. Straining with all my might,I could not move any of my limbs, but oddly enough I could move my head and see all around the room.I saw the afore mentioned clock, I know what was on tv(a f#@kin Ronco oven infomercial) and though I thought I was screaming at the top of my lungs for help, my coworker later swore he never heard a sound that night. This went on for what seemed like at least 10 minutes(though in reality, was probably only for about a minute or two) when finally the ‘grip’ it had on me let go and it vanished. I jumped up, turned on the lights and spent the remainder of the early morning hours till around 6:00 a.m. huddled in the recliner a nervous wreck staring at the tv wide awake like I would’ve downed 2 pots of coffee. When my co worker woke later that morning he saw the look on my face and asked what was wrong. I told him the story and he said he was quite familiar with what I had experienced. As a kid he experienced this and use to have them all the time. Known by most as “night terrors”, they are frighteningly real to the person experiencing it and as someone who had often heard the term in the past but till then had never gone through it, I will attest to the fact that it seems ABSOLUTELY real when its happening to you. Your caught between sleep and conciousness, meaning your body is paralyzed but your mind is awake. Around the south of Louisiana there are many folklore and stories and one of them which applies to this is the story of the ‘Couche Mal’. Its suppose to be either a creature or an old witch who comes during the night and pulls the toes of bad kids and people and terrorizes them in their sleep.The Couche Mal, while a legend,is based on sleep terrors and it is something that can scare the **** out of you if you’ve never had it before. Combining that experience with the other weird **** that went on at that fire station, it has taken me a long time to decide that that experience that night was just night terrors and nothing more.The other things though(doors closing,sounds, etc.. did happen and were not dreams) To this day, many of the guys stationed there report weird happenings and I know at least 2 firefighters that are scared to work there anymore.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I wont share all my experiences because I would be called crazy but if anybody in the shreveport/monroe area want to experience some weird things, pm me I can take you to three different graveyards that will scare the **** out of you. My best ghost experiences have been in small groups and when being somewher by midnight and waiting until 3-4 am 3am is definitely the most active though. Shreveport has a lot of old haunted places but only one you can go to without being harassed or going to jail. There is Elerby school, Greenwood Graveyard, A old prison you probably have never known existed unless otherwise pointed out to you, and a mental assylum. In Monroe there is the old abortion clinic, a few old condemed houses. In Jonesboro there is a old plantation home, a random childrens grave, a spot where a father brutaly murdered his children, an old church where slaves where hung, an old graveyard that in the witchcraft world around here is considered to be gateway to the underworld.

I am in no way associated with witchcraft!!! just wanted to make that clear.

I have been to all of these only a couple places I actually had paranormal experiences but definitely weird vibes. I talked to everyone I could trying to find haunted places when I was in high school and found quite a few never listed online.

For my house is haunted experience...

When I was a kid I lived in an older plantation house. Cabinets would open and slam randomly, lights would come on and off, there would be noises like baseballs slamming into the side of the house (one of the previous owners son's died in car crash when he was rushing home to get his baseball glove he forgot before the game) My grandmother was always doped up towards the later years but she swore that a young man walked into her room and just stared at her, she said he was transparent and didnt seem violent so she went back to sleep whether or not it's true I dont know. My mom was asleep one night and she heard the door being clawed at one of our dogs had run away the previous week and she thought it may have been him returning she got up and looked out the kitchen window and nothing was there, she shrugged it off and went back to bed the next night the door was being scratched at again but the doorknob was being turned and violently shook. She looked outside and nothing was there. She freaked out and woke my dad up, he saw it was still going on. It lasted for a good five minutes. We moved 3 weeks later and to this day my mom swears it was a demon and god was protecting our family, if christianity is your faith or you believe in the spirit world then you may think like I do and consider ghost to be demonic, or angelic interactions with the physical world.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Ive had many things over the years that would fall into the paranormal category, but heres the the one that stands out in my mind foremost.
    This will be a bit long, but it is absolutely true. Happened a few years back.I got engaged on Sept 20th 2008, my fiance’s house got pummeled in Hurricane Gustav, since she coulntt live there till it was fixed and livable again(being screwed over by the insurance company so that’s a whole other story and thread worthy on its on)she was sharing my mobile home with me(along with her Siberian Husky) To add some stress and weirdness to the mix, A lot of strange things happened around my home lately that are starting to lead us to believe there’s some paranormal **** going down(layman’s terms...I think we’ve got a ghost/poltergeist).
    About 2 months before, my girlfriend returned home from work to find the cats water dish moved to the middle of the bathroom floor(about 3 feet from where it normally is) It is a self watering one, full to the top and would easily spill if pushed. It is sitting on top of a rubberized anti-skid mat, so sliding it off the mat (like by the cat) would be nearly impossible. Add to this the fact that the dog was locked in his pen the entire day while we were working so it couldn’t have been him. She moved it back and thought little of it till she came back in about 10 minutes later after walking the dog and found it moved back again(no one was in the house at the time).Fast forward a week and one night after showering and brushing my teeth, I was going to walk down the hall to the kitchen and get some water. I left the bathroom light on but the bedroom light was off. As I’m approaching the hall my girlfriend who was already in bed asks if I can “turn the light out in the bathroom” as its keeping her up. Before she can even finish asking this and while I’m a good 20 feet across the room from the bathroom, the light suddenly turns off by itself! 2 days later while home alone during the day I go the bathroom to take a leak. Its bright outside so there is no need to turn the lights on in there. As I’m standing at the sink washing my hands, I am thinking about the light episode from a few nights before. Suddenly as if on cue, the frickin light turns on at that very moment! I have checked the wiring in the house and the switches are not worn or defective where they could be delayed in operating after touching them. The switches’ position definitely changed own its own!
    Now with the stress and **** that was going on with my girl’s destroyed home, the last thing I wanted to do was freak her out about the place so I was reluctant at this point to tell her about the latest light switch incident. She calls me at work one evening about a week later freaked out yet again. It seems that the night before we had gone out to eat. I had come home and eaten a few Hershey’s Kisses for dessert before going to bed. I had just put the 4 foil wrappers on the coffee table in the living room before heading off to bed. Got up early the next morning and had to hurry to make it to work on time, but noticed the dog had smelled the chocolate aroma coming from the candy wrappers and knocked them on the floor. I figured Id pick them up when I got home the following morning from the fire station or Id get my girl to pick them up when she got home. Talked to her later that day at work on her cell and she said” yeah I saw them there too, but I was in a hurry to get to work too and Ill pick it up when I get home after while”(both guilty of running at last minute to get there on time) Well she called from the house later that evening and said she walked in the front door with the intention of picking it up first thing, but as she swung the door open, noticed the 4 wrappers rolled up and neatly place in a pile in the middle of the coffee table! She didn’t pick them up and do it (if she'd bothered to pick it up earlier that day, she would have chunked them into the trash on her way out in the trashcan by the door.)The wrappers werent just thown up there either, it was a neat little pile, perfectly placed and exactly in the middle of the table. Add to this, the dog has been acting very strange over the last week or two, looking into the living room or other empty rooms when there’s nothing there, and acting like he sees something(sometimes barking, sometimes cowering, but definitely acting unusual. A few other things have happened too (couple of weird noises, things falling down for no reason[books fell off the shelf in the bedroom the other night], Not sure what to make of all this, as I’d never had any strange stuff happen there before this, and though I love good horror flicks and am very interested in ghosts and hauntings, I’ve got to tell you, having weird stuff happening in your own home can be a bit unnerving. I tried to keep a good sense of humor about it(she asked me after the Hersey’s Kisses wrapper thing, what do you think we should do, and I told her “what the hell, Ill put the ghost on salary if it’ll vacuum, dust and do dishes too” ) but to be honest, since I work 24 hour shift work and she was home alone sometimes, I know she was kind of scared by all this.
    We've since been married for over 2 years and I sold the trailer shortly aftr, but Ive though back on that time often and how wierd those experiences were.

The people that live their now have anything unusual to say about the place?

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I We moved 3 weeks later and to this day my mom swears it was a demon and god was protecting our family, if christianity is your faith or you believe in the spirit world then you may think like I do and consider ghost to be demonic, or angelic interactions with the physical world.

I'm more along these lines. As a Christian, I believe we either go to heaven or hell when we die...period. I don't think people (most of them) are lying about what they are seeing. I believe they are seeing something. But I believe these ghosts people see are not dead people still walking around as spirits. I believe they are one of two things: 1) a natural explaination (a phenomanon of nature where linear time doesn't apply where living people living in other times can see people in our time and vice versa for a brief second. We may appear as ghosts to them). or 2) they are demons. The Devil knows the past and present. He knows who lived in your house or on your property before you did. He knows what they looked like, what they ate, how they sounded, what brand of tobacco they smoked. He loves to scare you and/or manipulate your attention. This is why I believe the Bible tells people to not try to communicate with the dead. No Quija boards or stuff like that. Because you really don't know enough about what you are doing. But I believe in God's protection as well. As a Christian, I believe we are protected from these things.

That's my take.

Zelion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Zachary, LA
    Walking the trails at Port Hudson I've heard some wishpers and felt cold spots. One time it sounded like someone was right next to me wishpering to me. I stop to listen and I hear some words I can't make out then turn around. Nothing was there. This was along the Mississippi redoubt for anyone that has ever been there.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Like Dan's wife, and obviously I shared my own tale, I do believe loved ones have come back to say hello.

I believe lingering spirits remain in certain places. Contrary to that, I disbelieve many ghost stories. But those that are here, aren't here to scare the living. I doubt very seriously living in an active home would disturb me very much.

Just my two cents. :)

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    Finally about 2 months after the previously mentioned things happened to me, I was working one night at the same fire station. I had turned in early(around 10:30 which is early for me). I slept in the front room of the station while my coworker slept in the back half where the office was. The lights in the room were off but I (as was typical at the time) had left the tv on with the sound turned down low. I’m not a chicken or anything, I just like having some light in the room in case we have a fire run so that I can see when I jump up to get the radio and don’t go falling or tripping on anything in the room. Anyway, at 3:47 a.m.( I know this because I could see the lighted clock on the far wall when it happened) I suddenly awoke to the feeling of a very heavy weight pushing down on my chest and seemingly holding me down. It was so oppressive and strong that I could not sit up(it literally felt as if I had a pallet of bricks on my chest!) I also felt a presence in the room besides myself. I opened my eyes and could see a black cloud-like mass floating in front of my face. It had no definite shape and seemed to be both growing and hovering there ominously. Straining with all my might,I could not move any of my limbs, but oddly enough I could move my head and see all around the room.I saw the afore mentioned clock, I know what was on tv(a f#@kin Ronco oven infomercial) and though I thought I was screaming at the top of my lungs for help, my coworker later swore he never heard a sound that night. This went on for what seemed like at least 10 minutes(though in reality, was probably only for about a minute or two) when finally the ‘grip’ it had on me let go and it vanished. I jumped up, turned on the lights and spent the remainder of the early morning hours till around 6:00 a.m. huddled in the recliner a nervous wreck staring at the tv wide awake like I would’ve downed 2 pots of coffee. When my co worker woke later that morning he saw the look on my face and asked what was wrong. I told him the story and he said he was quite familiar with what I had experienced. As a kid he experienced this and use to have them all the time. Known by most as “night terrors”, they are frighteningly real to the person experiencing it and as someone who had often heard the term in the past but till then had never gone through it, I will attest to the fact that it seems ABSOLUTELY real when its happening to you. Your caught between sleep and conciousness, meaning your body is paralyzed but your mind is awake. Around the south of Louisiana there are many folklore and stories and one of them which applies to this is the story of the ‘Couche Mal’. Its suppose to be either a creature or an old witch who comes during the night and pulls the toes of bad kids and people and terrorizes them in their sleep.The Couche Mal, while a legend,is based on sleep terrors and it is something that can scare the **** out of you if you’ve never had it before. Combining that experience with the other weird **** that went on at that fire station, it has taken me a long time to decide that that experience that night was just night terrors and nothing more.The other things though(doors closing,sounds, etc.. did happen and were not dreams) To this day, many of the guys stationed there report weird happenings and I know at least 2 firefighters that are scared to work there anymore.

My cousin was at her house on day with her little brother while her baby lay asleep upstairs when all of a sudden the baby started crying. The hall up stairs to check on the baby and when they enter the room there was a small black cloud hovering over the crib then slipped through the wall. No crap!

About the whole experience about being parralized while sleeping but know whats going on around you and can't move an inch.....I have that experience all the time, but only happens during the day while taking a nap on the couch. Its been happening to me since I was a kid and over the years I finally found a way to overcome it. The best way to get ahold of yourself is to concentrate on moving a finger and once you accomplish that move the hand and so on and so forth....it still freaks me out today because I just want to jump up and I can't move.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    My cousin was at her house on day with her little brother while her baby lay asleep upstairs when all of a sudden the baby started crying. The hall up stairs to check on the baby and when they enter the room there was a small black cloud hovering over the crib then slipped through the wall. No crap!
    Okay, that officially wuld have made me crap myself and move immediately!

About the whole experience about being parralized while sleeping but know whats going on around you and can't move an inch.....I have that experience all the time, but only happens during the day while taking a nap on the couch. Its been happening to me since I was a kid and over the years I finally found a way to overcome it. The best way to get ahold of yourself is to concentrate on moving a finger and once you accomplish that move the hand and so on and so forth....it still freaks me out today because I just want to jump up and I can't move.
    Yeah, Ive never had it happen to me again since, so I still cant say with 100% certianty that it was night terrors and not something more along the lines of what you just mentioned. But Ive told myself thats all it was since then just to put my mind at ease. :eek:

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge

This is called Sleep paralysis, google it, can be very scarry and make you panic. This has happened to me several times and my daughter has them pretty regular.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I had the sleep paralysis once. In a dorm room, it scared me to death.

I also had a dream of my first wife a few months after her death. I tried asking her questions, but she could not speak. She showed me an old laptop, then gave me a hug that warmed me and tingled my entire being. I woke up smiling and crying, because it was so wonderful, and so final. I found that she had typed journal entries on an old laptop (win 95, monochrome) when I got home. My dogs have stared at the wall and barked in the room where she died, doors have been locked. Some relatives refuse to stay there.

The scout camp where I was a counselor had a few odd happenings. Only one I witnessed, as 4 of us made our way through the woods We all stopped because we saw something. A dark opaque mass came out of the woods and crossed the trail. We all locked arms and it passed through the scout to my right, and he went ice cold, then it crossed into the woods to our left and disappeared. We bolted, and regrouped at the nearest light with a WTF WAS THAT, etc. and we had all seen the same thing. Other counselors that worked that area during the day reported the ropes (it was a roped off area) moving down as though someone was stepping over them, then a few seconds later the one across the road doing the same as though someone had just crossed the road.

In places that were supposed to be haunted, I haven't seen anything. Including a prison built in 1890's I worked the night shift in for 6 months, Marland's bridge in Sunset, La (read ghosts along the bayou), New Orleans, the Myrtles, Jefferson Island and so on.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Did have a few experiences at the Myrtles Plantation in St Francisville. One was this EVP that was recorded while oin a tour of the house that night. There was no children on the tour or on the grounds that night, but you can hear at about the 2 second mark and sounds like a child whispering "Marci, Marci, I see you... it's me!" Make sure to turn it up LOUD! To upload it to YouTube, I couldnt just do audio (which is what this originally was, so I had to add a picture still to it and make it a video,buit the audio is the thing to pay attention to. Also set the webcam to record in our room all night and while we were out of the room and exploring the grounds that night(no one else had access to our room) the video caught a loud exhale inside the room next to the microphone, motion of the dolls dress that we placed on the floor to attract paranormal interaction, and voices in the room. Ill post that video after the EVP if anyopne is interested or you can check it out on my kingsfiend YouTube channel.
    Here is the EVP of the little girls voice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nazAT3i8bcE&feature=player_detailpage

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    when people hear and see things that look and/or sound like long dead people they knew....how do they know that that is who they are?

Demand that if they are of the God of Light leave and cease to exist?

I'm vaguely aware that I'm ne'er alone. As a child they were or I was more aware of them if I were (a) in a state of calm or (b) heightened awareness - but not afraid. It seemed that fear blocked them or ME from being aware of them.

Supernatural things don't bother me; there are good and bad beings that vibrate at a higher frequency than you and I. Clear your space frequently and all will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Many years ago, as a teen, I was turkey hunting in the Hill Country of Central Texas. I sat against a tree, and in front of me was an old, abandoned road. I could easily see it was a road because of tire or trail marks, but it looked abandoned because of grass growing in it and cow patties in it. After a while, I looked down the road and out in the distance, I see a ball of dust. As time goes on, this ball of dust gets bigger and I start to see an old red truck making this dust. This is a VERY old truck. It approaches me slowly. It stops in front of me and a very old man leans out the window and says, "what are you doing?" Looking at him shocked and surprised, I said, "Well, I'm hunting." He hesitated a second and said, "who gave you permission to hunt here?" I said, "the Reverend." "Who is the Reverend?" he replied. I said, "The Reverend is the one who owns this place." This old man cracked a small smile and said, "oh, no... I'm the one who owns this place." I looked at him in confusion, turned my head to the right for a second, then turn my head right back at him, only to find him, and the truck.... gone.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Many years ago, as a teen, I was turkey hunting in the Hill Country of Central Texas. I sat against a tree, and in front of me was an old, abandoned road. I could easily see it was a road because of tire or trail marks, but it looked abandoned because of grass growing in it and cow patties in it. After a while, I looked down the road and out in the distance, I see a ball of dust. As time goes on, this ball of dust gets bigger and I start to see an old red truck making this dust. This is a VERY old truck. It approaches me slowly. It stops in front of me and a very old man leans out the window and says, "what are you doing?" Looking at him shocked and surprised, I said, "Well, I'm hunting." He hesitated a second and said, "who gave you permission to hunt here?" I said, "the Reverend." "Who is the Reverend?" he replied. I said, "The Reverend is the one who owns this place." This old man cracked a small smile and said, "oh, no... I'm the one who owns this place." I looked at him in confusion, turned my head to the right for a second, then turn my head right back at him, only to find him, and the truck.... gone.
    Wow, that is a cool story bersa...for some reason I have the uncontrollable urge to listen to Charlie Daniels "Legend of Wooley Swamp" all of a sudden! :eek4:

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    My girlfreind and her freind ghost hunt all the time, well I got drunk one night and had them drop me off at the Cretian Point Plantation bridge, Site of a civil war battle and a body was dumped there during the 50's. well I was sitting under the bridge at 1:00 am by myself. I started getting bored so I picked up my flask and asked if anybody wanted any. I then said in a smart ass tone "Well if yall dont want any Ill drink it" I took a massive swig and before I could down the warm harsh whiskey, there was this huge splash about 15 feet from me down the bayou. I sat up and being too dark to see through the trees I just stared and then another splash about 8 feet away, I stood up and then a massive splash right in front of me. When I made it to the top of the bridge I looked in the direction of the splashes and didnt see any waves are anything, My girlfreind and her freind drove up asking why I was so pale, I blamed them but they went to the plantation gates and stayed there the whole time. Dont know, not much of a ghost believer but I honestly was scared enouph to lose my buzz.

Top Bottom