Officer Down - NOPD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    "Police believe the vehicle involved in this accident is a white 2011 or 2012 Porche Panamera with extensive front, right side damage. The car is missing a front light kit as well as a side view mirror."

shouldn't be hard to find.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    images

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    There's a major event in town this weekend. It is possible that the car is a rental, which could lead to problems locating it.

JR1572

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    There's a major event in town this weekend. It is possible that the car is a rental, which could lead to problems locating it.

JR1572

I don't know anything about locating a rental car but are porsche rentals that common? I would think the rarity of the car would help a lot.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't know anything about locating a rental car but are porsche rentals that common? I would think the rarity of the car would help a lot.

The rarity doesn't mean anything. The that if the vehicle is registered to a rental car company, the address on the registration that appears when the registration is run will not be a good indicator of where the vehicle is possibly located at this time.

JR1572

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    The rarity doesn't mean anything. The that if the vehicle is registered to a rental car company, the address on the registration that appears when the registration is run will not be a good indicator of where the vehicle is possibly located at this time.

JR1572

While I agree that who the vehicle is registered to isn't going to be a good indicator of where it is at this time, if it IS a rental, it would be MUCH harder to hide from the authorities.

Someone rented it, and signed paperwork. A rental company is certainly going to report it if someone damaged their vehicle.

If its a personal vehicle, it can sit in a garage till whenever the heats died down and it can be repaired, not so for a rental. Someone is expecting their car back and you can bet any company that rented one of these out is going to be going apeshit till its located.

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS

JR1572
    The last time I rented a Ford Focus they inspected it before and after for scratches. I'm guessing they do the same thing for Porsches. And hoping NOPD is sending notices to rental companies nationwide.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville

JR1572

I get what you're saying now. Basically makes it a national search.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That driver is history! They will catch this moron!

He should do 40 years, he will do 20 years! If he's very wealthy with influential parents; 10!

No way money buys freedom on this one.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    essens festival this weekend. city is packed with drunks and stoners right now.

Yup - from ALL OVER the country. I've even seen plates from Alaska here this weekend. If this guy isn't local and can afford to garage it for awhile, he might get away. The NOPD have still not caught the guy driving a black Nissan Altima that killed a guy in a wreck on the Carrolton overpass - and THAT car was seriously messed up.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That altima is probably in a bayou somewhere by now.

The Porsche should be easy to spot. I would think with an officer down they could run all the local redlight and DOT cameras and get a plate. There can't be many of those around.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    It says they are working with hotels, I bet he gets busted due to parking garage video.

While I agree that who the vehicle is registered to isn't going to be a good indicator of where it is at this time, if it IS a rental, it would be MUCH harder to hide from the authorities.

Someone rented it, and signed paperwork. A rental company is certainly going to report it if someone damaged their vehicle.

If its a personal vehicle, it can sit in a garage till whenever the heats died down and it can be repaired, not so for a rental. Someone is expecting their car back and you can bet any company that rented one of these out is going to be going apeshit till its located.

Assuming it was rented out of town I would think it could be returned and passed off as hitting a deer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom