Official Competition Video's & Picture Thread USPSA/IDPA/3 Gun/Steel Challenge.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Watch? Come play or you'll kick yourself for leaving your gear at home.

Not sure I'm good enough to play with the big boys. Only been going to the range once a week lately. Hard to go shoot up stuff when theres not enough supply to restock my supply. Maybe one day.:D

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Not sure I'm good enough to play with the big boys. Only been going to the range once a week lately. Hard to go shoot up stuff when theres not enough supply to restock my supply. Maybe one day.:D

Rubbish. I can guarantee you there are far fewer big boys than there are people just starting out around here. Ask a few of the newbies who recently shot their first matches, myself included. Come out, go safe, go slow, make your hits and at the end of the day i can assure you that you can be last place and still have an amazing time.

ABM

This is fargin' war
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Lafayette
    I shot my first time on May 2nd and had a great time. Didnot matter that I was outshot by many, just had fun and learned tons. I don't shoot more than once every couple of months cuz of work but still felt right at home. I plan on coming back for the June 6 shoot if call allows it. By the way Spanky where do you buy the BS shirts from? I want one.

Doc

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I shot my first time on May 2nd and had a great time. Didnot matter that I was outshot by many, just had fun and learned tons. I don't shoot more than once every couple of months cuz of work but still felt right at home. I plan on coming back for the June 6 shoot if call allows it. By the way Spanky where do you buy the BS shirts from? I want one.

Doc

PM Melisa.

Zero.40

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    PLaquemine, LA
    mississippi classic stage 8 15 sec

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrv2jQ9s6tw[/ame]
    here is my run that was in 15sec love that stage wish i could do it again.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I shot my first match the same day as ABM, and IIRC, we were just about at the same place in the overall "rankings", but I had fun. I showed up with a gun and ammo, and the rest of the fellas loaned me everything else I needed to have fun. I was concentrating on safety, and was a bit on the slow side, but overall had a great time, regardless of if would have came in dead last. I would not recommend going to watch, as others have said, you'd be sorry you didn't bring a gun to join in.

Last edited:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I shot my first match the same day as ABM, and IIRC, we were just about at the same place in the overall "rankings", but I had fun. I showed up with a gun and ammo, and the rest of the fellas loaned me everything else I needed to have fun. I was concentrating on safety, and was a bit on the slow side, but overall had a great time, regardless of if would have came in dead last. I would not recommend going to watch, as others have said, you'd be sorry you didn't bring a gun to join in.

Yeah, the dead last position belonged to me, It was my second shoot, and I'm still not comfortable at the firing line. I'm not worrying much at all about speed, but worrying instead about safety and accuracy. When I get comfortable with the mechanics of the new to me motions (choice of 3 reload scenarios, resist urge to pull weapon in to body to reload and point muzzle up) Speed will come. It's still fun, and I loathe coming in last at anything.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Hell, everyone's posting vids...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSCsZO-jeI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18F5Nv-YhxA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9sIpob7VX4[/ame]

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOidFeVBU60[/ame]

went to EAPS with Barney88pdc.....2nd USPSA match. this one using a borrowed 34 from barney.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom