Oh really?!?!?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    o ok i thought the 4473's were sent in every so often (cant remember exactly how often i was told)or the batf was requesting them every now n then. the guy that told me had a gun shop but out of business now, but i work with him so i have many questions for him monday.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If all they try to pass are extended background checks, good.

No, BAD.

They will NEVER stop there......

Folks had best get this and get it good: This is NOT a "one and done" issue- and it never will be.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    You guys are going to flame me, but I would be for this IF:

1. Any private seller can enter the information of the buyer online (no FFL required).

2. What type of gun or how many wasn't tracked or even on the online form, you just got a "PROCEED" or "DENY"; no serial numbers or anything, JUST a background check on the buyer.

3. You could do it across state lines, as long as the buyer is an American citizen it doesn't matter where he lives. It's the buyer's problem if he brings a "banned" gun into his state, not the seller's.

4. No electronic records were kept. Every entry is scrubbed every 24 hours. There's no FFL so the "keep the records until they turn to dust" rule doesn't apply. I might be convinced to require the seller to keep a record of the proceed document.

This would make private sales "safer" (make the libs happy) while preserving privacy and the rights of Americans to trade freely. IMO this isn't really a 2nd amendment issue, it's a commerce issue. If they ban the private sale of guns, what's next? Gold? Then what, where does it end?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    You guys are going to flame me, but I would be for this IF:

1. Any private seller can enter the information of the buyer online (no FFL required).

2. What type of gun or how many wasn't tracked or even on the online form, you just got a "PROCEED" or "DENY"; no serial numbers or anything, JUST a background check on the buyer.

3. You could do it across state lines, as long as the buyer is an American citizen it doesn't matter where he lives. It's the buyer's problem if he brings a "banned" gun into his state, not the seller's.

4. No electronic records were kept. Every entry is scrubbed every 24 hours. There's no FFL so the "keep the records until they turn to dust" rule doesn't apply. I might be convinced to require the seller to keep a record of the proceed document.

This would make private sales "safer" (make the libs happy) while preserving privacy and the rights of Americans to trade freely. IMO this isn't really a 2nd amendment issue, it's a commerce issue. If they ban the private sale of guns, what's next? Gold? Then what, where does it end?
    That's a lot of "ifs." What you'll get is Universal Registration. In ten years....they will then ban semi-autos. All one has to do is read up on what happened to Canadians, Australians, and the British. They always start with registration.....Then governments ban guns. History does repeat itself.

Top Bottom