Old Shotguns anyone know???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheashae

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Vp
    I have a buddy here at work that has two old shotguns from his grandfather. He wants to know if anyone knows anything about these two guns. One is a Central Arms double barrel shotgun and a Wiltshire Arms double barrel shotgun (both guns have hammers on the outside). They have no numbers on the guns. Has anyone heard or dealt with any of these two brands that could possibly give me some feedback on them? Thanks :)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Photos would be helpful. You have to be careful w/ old shotguns. Some of them were made for only blackpowder loads (very light). A new shell will fit but would possibly destroy it. Some of the barrels are made of Damascus steel (water steel- you'll see the water marks). Definately don't shoot those- they're wall hangers only now...

sheashae

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Vp
    Photos would be helpful. You have to be careful w/ old shotguns. Some of them were made for only blackpowder loads (very light). A new shell will fit but would possibly destroy it. Some of the barrels are made of Damascus steel (water steel- you'll see the water marks). Definately don't shoot those- they're wall hangers only now...

I told my buddy to bring some pictures to work and I would get them posted on here. Maybe once he gets those yall can let me know a little more about them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom