Olympic arms rep pays ar-15.co a visit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    Wow, that was a train wreck. Before all the drama started, I spent like 20 minutes looking elsewhere for info on color case hardening. Then, got bored with it and started reading the rest of thread. Kinda feel bad for the guy. I guess it was easier for him to carry on than to apologize and admit to a failing in comprehension.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Wipe Olympic Arms off the potential buy list, they where not on it until I saw the 3 1911's, then they got knocked off so quick when I read the email from their rep.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Can't get past how it looks like unpickled annealed copper.

As far as the rep is concerned… Wow. Granted, I thought he said what the rep implied he meant. But I'm not familiar with the process to say if I was interpreting it incorrectly. However, bad form to **** on your customer's opinion. He wasn't dissing Olympic. He was just saying in his experience, it doesn't work. Rather than go all RAR YOU IDIOT!!! on the man, the rep could have been a bit more polite.

:)

Edit to add: Wow, okay. So a little bit of reading, the rep would see the guy was talking about a different technique (because the guy really didn't say a kiln in his first post so I give the rep that) and from there they could have had a very nice conversation. I see. Yup. The rep was a jackass.

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    5XhIG.jpg

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    hmmm major douche. I still want a 10mm upper. To buy from a company that employs such a dick at such a high position or not. Decisions, decisions

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Wow, that was quite a trainwreck, for sure, and definitely unprofessionalism at it's finest on the reps' part...

Hmmm...
    On the Devil's advocate side of things...
    Everyone that keeps falling off their bandwagon, will maybe fuel price drops for the extra supply, and for the new, uniniatiated to the forum disaster, will come in and buy the lower cost overstock...

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    Dude was trying too hard to be professional and all knowing. Dude it's the Internet. People say what they want when they want. The dude was clearly asked to do it his way, not how Oly does it. Lol...

When someone asks for an apology, they are usually unapologetic themselves.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Welcome Spyder: I see you are watching this thread. You might also want to check out "The Watering Hole" at RFC. Your legend is spreading far.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom