On Marriage and Cheating...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    It's early morning, great time for the topic!

Anyway, I am curious what people's opinion is.

Lets assume that Character #1 in the drama is married unhappily and wants to step out.
    Character #2 is minding their own business when they are approached with the proposition by Character #1.

#2 knows that #1 is married, and #2 is single and unattached.

Is it wrong for #2 to give #1 what they are asking for?

My thoughts:

No, it's not wrong, because if #2 does not, then #1 will find another individual to play #2, and the only thing #2 did was pro-long #1's desire, give up sex they did not have to pay for, and all for some silly "moral" obligation that didn't amount to much when it was said and done.

Yes, it's wrong, marriage is a promise and assisting to break that is the same as victimizing a contract. #1 may well find another individual, but #2 will sleep well knowing they weren't the one's. Sortof like "all people will eventually die, but that doesn't make murder okay".

So, conflicting opinions of mine above, where does Bayou Shooter(s) fall on this one?

Last edited:

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    Dont be an enabler. She obviously made a promise she cant keep and whether its you or someone else, she'll cheat. Leave it alone and keep a clean conscience. Women are a dime a dozen. Somebody will pay for it down the line. Be a man and do what is right.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I look at it this way; life is too complicated to begin with.
    Why put additional twists into it that will only confuse issues further?
    If a person wants to cheat, let them.
    It's their life and they may do what they want in it.
    Steering clear of that bs is a choice I personally feel good about.
    Besides, I made a commitment to my wife when we married and my word means something to me.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    #2 should continue minding their own damn business. If #1 is unhappy and wants out there is paperwork for that, once said paper work and legal actions are final #2 can then have as much fun as is desired. And yes one must remember there is a #3 in this and #3 usually always is more mad at #2 than #1 even though #1 is the one who strayed.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    My question, why doesn't the b*tch just leave if she wants to slut around instead of cheating?
    Divorce is harder than stepping out. Kids are sometimes in the mix and its easier to step out from time to time and keep it amongst adults. Those are the reasons I've heard. Oh, and "I love him, just no Passion or affection anymore, and we don't care enough to fix it." Is pretty common, too.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    #2 should continue minding their own damn business. If #1 is unhappy and wants out there is paperwork for that, once said paper work and legal actions are final #2 can then have as much fun as is desired. And yes one must remember there is a #3 in this and #3 usually always is more mad at #2 than #1 even though #1 is the one who strayed.
    Valid points. It's a rare guy who can just take it in stride. Most have unrealistic views and are shocked to be traded in on a different one.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Divorce is harder than stepping out. Kids are sometimes in the mix and its easier to step out from time to time and keep it amongst adults. Those are the reasons I've heard. Oh, and "I love him, just no Passion or affection anymore, and we don't care enough to fix it." Is pretty common, too.

...wow... Don't be "that guy". Find your own woman who isn't hanging from a string(or two).

Or whoever you're speaking of..

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    ...wow... Don't be "that guy". Find your own woman who isn't hanging from a string(or two).
    Oh, I already nixed that one. I had to be an ass to get her away from me, but it worked with minimal ripples. I know there will be others though, and I'm curious how to act in the future. Celibacy gets old, and married chics are super aggressive like you can't imagine.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Oh, I already nixed that one. I had to be an ass to get her away from me, but it worked with minimal ripples. I know there will be others though, and I'm curious how to act in the future. Celibacy gets old, and married chics are super aggressive like you can't imagine.

I have a buddy who pretty much exclusively "bones" (his term, not mine) married chicks.
    He spends most of his life trying to put out small fires caused by his infidelity so his wife doesn't figure it all out.
    Personally, not worth it to me but he really seems to enjoy the drama.
    To each their own.
    And by the way, I am not at all worried that he'll "bone" my wife.
    Not that she is perfect but I have faith in her that she feels the same about our marriage as I do.
    If I find that to not be true looks like it'll be time to move on although I hope that never happens.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have a buddy who pretty much exclusively "bones" (his term, not mine) married chicks.
    He spends most of his life trying to put out small fires caused by his infidelity so his wife doesn't figure it all out.
    Personally, not worth it to me but he really seems to enjoy the drama.
    To each their own.
    And by the way, I am not at all worried that he'll "bone" my wife.
    Not that she is perfect but I have faith in her that she feels the same about our marriage as I do.
    If I find that to not be true looks like it'll be time to move on although I hope that never happens.

I've held off so far, but that's just as much drama as sleeping with them. My co workers are into that, many of them, and me turning chics down causes as much or more drama than not, from the outtside looking in.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Well I unfortunately have been in the #2 position. The first time a pass was made I declined as I was friends with her husband, then a month or so later she ran into me at the bar and after a night of drinking I had a really bad lapse in judgement. It is best to walk away. And don't think the spouse will never find out, chances are she will be the one to tell him usually just to **** him off or to try and get back at him. Your results may vary.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well I unfortunately have been in the #2 position. The first time a pass was made I declined as I was friends with her husband, then a month or so later she ran into me at the bar and after a night of drinking I had a really bad lapse in judgement. It is best to walk away. And don't think the spouse will never find out, chances are she will be the one to tell him usually just to **** him off or to try and get back at him. Your results may vary.
    I agree that your results are typical. I could never do that to a friend though. No offense. (I have rediculous willpower. When my friends don't want to, or can't, I jog with their wives etc. To make sure they are left alone. None of them ever made me uncomfortable, either, BTW. Great friends and solid relationships.)I am only iffy on situations where I don't know the guy and he's tired of his wife and she needs a stand in in the bedroom. That really confuses me in a moral sense, especially whe says he steps out, too.

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    The truth has a way to come popping back up even if you have buried and forgotten it...somebody will find it. If you keep it clean and honest then the truth doesn't hurt as bad. ::shrug::

Top Bottom