on my way into business on my own

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    ordered my FFL paperwork yesterday so i can build my own shop on my land, but for now i am open to do any work not requiring an FFL.

that means i can't work on firearms. but a shotgun barrel, a muzzleloader that can't accept a centerfire barrel, encore barrels only, AR uppers, and everything else that you can buy without a background check i can legally work on.

this includes work like lengthening and polishing forcing cones, polishing and recutting to deburr chamber rims on shotguns, servicing blackpowder epuipment, changing barrels or gas blocks on ARs, etc..

anyone in need of quality gunwork feel free to message me here but the best way to get ahold of me is my cell phone.

for those who don't know me i am a graduate of pennsylvania gunsmith school and have been servicing the baton rouge and ascension areas for the past six years.

i look forward to having a full service shop up and running in the near future but for now i'm gonna keep it legal and legit.

look forward to hearing from anyone who needs work done.

thanks

Vincent Buckles
    Gunsmith
    (412) 670-2620
    Gonzales, LA

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Can you do any blueing? I have an old Remington shotgun that was my dads and the blueing is almost all gone on everything but the barrel.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wow that's quite an investment in time and money. I know that Reynerson's has more work than they know what to do with. If you're good, honest, and treat your customers right I think you'll do well. If I have any work or hear of anyone needing work I'll tell to give you a call assuming it's not FFL type work.

Dave

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Buckles,
    There are already plenty of gun shops in the Baton Rouge - Gonzales area.
    Orleans Parish, with almost 400,000 souls, has no gun shop. There are a few in nearby Jefferson Parish.
    This situation sounds like an opportunity for somebody.
    (If this is an oversight, I'm certain to be corrected soon by the B-S crowd.)
    leVieux

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    There are a few shops around the NO area. 10-8 tactical is probably the best and he is swamped. As in ignoring a ringing phone, swamped. Shooter's club isn't in much better shape. Customer service has been known to slack there due to understaffing, but has improved somewhat lately.
    I'd suggest you spend a Saturday visiting those shops plus maybe FITS in Slidell and Puglia's in Metairie. I'm afraid what you will find is not a lack of business, but having to sort the clients by who will/won't get approved.
    My one complaint about the current FBI approval system is the time involved for the shops. They have to make the sale, do the paperwork, then find out if the client can buy or not. That's at least a half hour investment for nothing...

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Can you do any blueing? I have an old Remington shotgun that was my dads and the blueing is almost all gone on everything but the barrel.

no bluing just yet. i am highly experienced in the area of bluing but i am going to choose not to do it at my shop because of the toxic nature and my water pump is next to where the shop is going up. and that leads to dead gunsmith. i may choose to do prep work in my shop and dip offsite in the future. not to mention bluing salts are highly caustic and will severly damage any building they are in.

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Buckles,
    There are already plenty of gun shops in the Baton Rouge - Gonzales area.
    Orleans Parish, with almost 400,000 souls, has no gun shop. There are a few in nearby Jefferson Parish.
    This situation sounds like an opportunity for somebody.
    (If this is an oversight, I'm certain to be corrected soon by the B-S crowd.)
    leVieux

there are a lot of gun shops here but seeing as that i have spent the last 6 years serving the people of baton rouge and ascension parish, it wouldn't make much sense for me to move out of the area where people know my work.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Hey if this doesn't work out. (I hope it does work out for you) You can always go into male prostitution. I have it on good word that one of our members here is a he-pimp.

Dave

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Hey if this doesn't work out. (I hope it does work out for you) You can always go into male prostitution. I have it on good word that one of our members here is a he-pimp.

Dave

are we talking male on male or me servicing the lonely ladies of the gulfcoast region? cause i i"m ok with the latter.

Top Bottom