One fingerprint card?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    I mailed the CHP application packet for both me and the wife 2 weeks ago today. Only after mailing it did I read on this forum that it is now required to submit 2 fingerprint cards. We only submitted one each. I mailed the packet off on Friday, so I called the LSP office on the following Monday and spoke to Sgt. Reavis, he said not to worry, that they would simply mail it back to me. So far we have not received it back yet.

I am wondering if they possibly may have tried processing it with just the one card and it is working it's way through the system? I am thinking of calling them back to ask, but am patiently waiting and giving it some time. Not really in a big hurry to get it, and don't want to bother them with pesky phone calls. After all, every minute they spend on the phone is a minute less they could be processing permit applications......;)

tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    I do intend to go in and do the electronic fingerprints in person at their office in BR, once/if I receive the applications back from them. Based on previous posts indicating the speed of response I expected to have them returned by now. I will continue to wait patiently and see what happens. I did see a few posts from a few months back indicating that some of the one card apps were still being processed, just curious if maybe they would at least give it a try.

Funny thing is that our Sheriff's Department just switched to electronic fingerprinting. While they were fully aware that the CHP application process for LSP still required ink cards if not done in person, they were not aware of the 2 card requirement. The applications I filled out were ones I had printed off of the website from a while back, so I can't say for sure if the checklist on the last page indicated the need for 2 cards. I double-checked everything to make sure I wasn't forgetting something, so I would think it may have said "card" (singular). Of course the current application does indeed indicate the need for 2 cards.

While it is a bit frustrating, I am not in that big of a hurry. I do hope that I may help prevent someone else from making the same mistake by posting about it here.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The quick turn around times on aplications are for people who hand delivered them at LSP and did Electronic Fingerprints, if you mailed it to them it would take 2/3 days to get there then it gets placed in a stack of papers and whenever they can get to it they will put it in the return to sender stack. Mail runs next day and then 2/3 days to get to you so I would say at least 2 weeks for all that process to take place if you take into consideration weekends

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom