"One Man Can Make A Difference" Sporting Clays Fund Raiser - August 18, 2012

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    The Second Annual "One Man Can Make A Difference" Sporting Clays fundraiser will be held on Saturday, August 18, 2012 at Riverside Sporting Clays near Watson, LA.

header_03.jpg

Here is a website with some details on the event, and please check in for updates.

http://www.onemanshoot.com/

This great event was begun by the friends and family of local Baton Rouge businessman and Shreveport native Connie Mack Boykin. Connie Mack has been battling prostate cancer for several years, and was so inspired by the work done by Dr. Oliver Sartor at the Tulane Cancer Center, that he and his family and friends committed themselves to this annual event. A huge group of friends, business associates, and sponsors have joined many more of those affected by this cancer and its impact to make this a very special day of shooting and fellowship.

This year will be similar to last year's inaugural shoot, which hosted approximately 60 4-man teams shooting 100 clays at 15 stations on the fantastic course at Riverside Sporting Clays. In addition to the shoot, there will be live and silent auctions, raffles, BBQ, cold drinks, beer and wine for a small additional one-time fee(after the course for shooters, obviously), live music, and more. Admission for non-shooters is $25 and includes the same food, drinks, etc.

Sure, it will be warm in mid-August, but the beautiful Riverside course is well-shaded, and there will be plenty of tents, cold beverages, and other things to keep you cool.

Please check the website for information on participating in the shoot, or for contributing to this great cause in other ways.

And thank you to the BayouShooter community for taking the time to learn about the One Man Can Make A Difference fund raiser.

Last edited:

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    Thanks to any and all of the Bayoushooter community who participated in and/or supported the One Man Can Make a Difference sporting clays fundraiser on Saturday, August 18. In spite of the nasty weather, there was a huge turnout. Shooters worked in and around the thunderstorms and many or most still managed to get in a nice round of shooting, even if some were soaked in the process. Mr. Charlie Prentiss, and his wife and staff at Riverside Sporting Clays worked tirelessly to help make the event enjoyable and successful under tough conditions. There were lots of exciting auctions, raffles, and prizes won during the day, and most importantly, a lot of money was raised to assist Dr. Oliver Sartor and his staff at the Tulane Cancer Center. Dr. Sartor's work to find treatments and cures for prostate cancer is truly remarkable, and his personal commitment to saving the lives of each father, son, brother and friend who seeks treatment from him is inspiring.

The OneManShoot committee will continue their work to follow up on this year's event, and to plan and even bigger and better event for next year. Thanks again to anyone who supported this fine cause in any manner. Keep your eye on the website www.onemanshoot.com for further information.

G

gunguy11

Well it was a good turnout.
    I was in the second flight of shooters and was unable to shoot.
    Kinda bummed about that.
    Do you know when we will be able to make this up?
    Hope y'all did well.

Last edited by a moderator:

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    Well it was a good turnout.
    I was in the second flight of shooters and was unable to shoot.
    Kinda bummed about that.
    Do you know when we will be able to make this up?
    Hope y'all did well.

I don't know yet when the committee will schedule a make up shoot, but as soon as they can arrange it, I'm sure they'll post it on the website, and probably try to contact team sponsors directly as well. Once there is an official plan, I'll try to get it posted on this site, too.

I can't blame you at all for skipping that second flight. I was on the first flight and called it a day three stations before our round was complete due to the lightning and rain. (We could have shot perfect rounds on those last three stations and still not have had a competitive score, but we did have a great time).

And thanks again for your patience and understanding as the organizers worked to deal with the weather. Your support and participation is greatly appreciated.

G

gunguy11

Ok thanks man.
    And yea they said the course was to wet for the second flight to compete.
    I appreciate the help.
    And thanks for your time.

Top Bottom