Online College

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Looking for an online college for working adults.

Specifically offering a B.S. in Healthcare Administration and Accounting.

Good?
    Bad?

Economical?

Recommended?
    Avoid?

Doesn't need to be a big name, but not looking for a diploma mill.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    LSU is starting to implement a number of online degree programs. Depending on what my life is doing in a year, I'm going to pursue a Masters in HR.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know everyone hates those people, but it can get me a raise where I work. And they can be convinced to pay for it.

I know all that's listed is Masters programs right now, but check out the people that run http://lsuonline.lsu.edu/SearchPrograms, if I recall correctly, there will be more undergraduate programs offered in the near future.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    My dad was doing stuff online with NSU for a while. I never looked into it, so I don't know what they offer, but it might be something to check out.

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    Check out ULM. I'm currently enrolled online and find it very user friendly. It allows me to finish up my degree while advancing my career

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Only advice I can give is make sure if you do online schooling its with a school that has a campus w/reputation behind it.

this. resumes with "university of phoenix online" on them translate to "purchased my degree"

right or wrong is a different argument, get one from a brick and mortar university that OFFERS online programs.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    this. resumes with "university of phoenix online" on them translate to "purchased my degree"

right or wrong is a different argument, get one from a brick and mortar university that OFFERS online programs.

Stay away from all colleges without physical campuses - they are swindlers and you'll never get a decent job with that.

Wrong

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Yes sir. I will be starting school for a MBA once I finish undergrad @ LSU. It is quite pricy if you do it online.

Back when I got my MBA, I went to the campus for classes 2 to 3 nights a week. I think when all was said and done, it cost me a total of less than $6,000. And that was just 9 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I had looked into a Masters in Accounting through a few online programs and it ranged between $40K and $60K. I could have gotten an MBA at ULL for around $10K. I'm considering their MBA in Healthcare Administration in a few years

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Talk to a few people that do this for a living and get back to me.

I don't need to compare resumes with you.
    I am saying if you automatically eliminate someone from your hiring pool based off of their diploma. You are making a serious error.

The problem most companies have is they hire based solely off of a resume, and not hire for the person.

I hope this practice continues, because I hire a lot of great people due to hiring personnel deeming those people not able to stack up with social norms.

Ie. Where they got their diploma

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Back when I got my MBA, I went to the campus for classes 2 to 3 nights a week. I think when all was said and done, it cost me a total of less than $6,000. And that was just 9 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I will probably pay between 6 and 9 thousand depending on where I am working at the time and how much they contribute. Did you do yours through LSU or what?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom