Open Carry Advocate wants $3.6 Million

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Stupid game, stupid prizes. No money for you.

He was not arrested for anything related to the gun. In fact he wasn't arrested at all. Tons of people legitimately open carry to protect themselves every day and have no negative encounters with the police. If you're not looking for trouble you won't find any.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    911 dispatchers are not allowed to make determinations about whether a crime is occurring. They just pass information on. A call of a guy carrying a gun was probably reported as "a man with a gun by this description". Officers showed up, saw he did in fact have a gun, and were required to provide a response to a citizen complaint. So they walked up and said (my supposition) "you breaking the law with that gun? We got a call about a man with a gun". Instead of saying "no, just buying a coke, my ids in the car if you care to see it" he became difficult. Add all that together and the officer was acting in good faith. Just because other citizens are idiots, doesnt mean the cops can shirk their job of investigating complaints. That is why we pay them, after all.

And about Tyrone....thats profiling and will get a cop thrown in jail. If you have a holster, and a cop doesnt talk to you because you look like a law abiding citizen, thats profiling too. "I didnt question the man with the gun because he was white and dressed nice. Those people dont shoot up places." Wrong answer.

Either you didn't understand what I meant about Tyrone or you are confused about profiling. Profiling is perfectly legal, provided it isn't based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or economic status. I used Tyrone biggums as an example because he is a character on Chapelle's show who is a crackhead. Because they wished to portray him as a crack head they had him act like a crackhead. Scratching, looking around nervously, basically acting like a dope fiend. It an officer can identify those behaviors and articulate them it is perfectly valid.

I miss Dave chapelle

Last edited:

po verde

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    NOLA
    Stupid game, stupid prizes. No money for you.

He was not arrested for anything related to the gun. In fact he wasn't arrested at all. Tons of people legitimately open carry to protect themselves every day and have no negative encounters with the police. If you're not looking for trouble you won't find any.

+1

Either you didn't understand what I meant about Tyrone or you are confused about profiling. Profiling is perfectly legal, provided it isn't based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or economic status. I used Tyrone biggums as an example because he is a character on Chapelle's show who is a crackhead. Because they wished to portray him as a crack head they had him act like a crackhead. Scratching, looking around nervously, basically acting like a dope fiend. It an officer can identify those behaviors and articulate them it is perfectly valid.

I miss Dave chapelle

If an officer IDs those behaviors, he has reasonable suspicion, he was not "profiling."

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    +1

If an officer IDs those behaviors, he has reasonable suspicion, he was not "profiling."

tumblr_mjmeot6Wbv1rqf5p6o5_400.gif

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom