Open Carry Law- Louisiana- Please tell me why

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lakobe1

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    North Louisiana
    I was over judgmental in assuming a crackhead. Just was very scragly in appearance, but it was more the way he entered. Like I said to say he was a Crackhead was a bit judgmental on my part.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Those who "go postal" also never carry a gun until it is time to carry out the shooting that was planned. There is no such a thing as an OC person just going off and attempting a mass shooting with one mag of ammo.
    Who carries a pistol with just one mag of ammo? Anyone carrying should have at least one spare mag with them at all times or a backup gun.

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    skeptical-dog.jpg

Why do you have a carry permit if you dont carry?

Too much blue state male vaginaisms in the quoted response.

Im smelling a Bloomturd Plant.

ROFL!

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I've yet to come across a "crack head" who wasn't a felon. How do you know this "young punk" was a illegal drug abuser? Was he smoking crack right then? How do you know he was even a criminal? Did your Spidey sense tingle. Did Commissioner Gordon text you on the bat phone?

This is why we've been losing ground to the anti-gun crowd. Too many people like the OP who think that people who don't look\act\think like them don't deserve to have rights. Felons don't open carry. They illegally conceal carry. They're criminals. The right to self defense is for everyone, not just who you think should have it. Mind your own damn business

This, exactly!

Be very careful making assessments... ;)

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/01/22/video-legal-gun-owner-gets-tackled-florida-walmart-vigilante

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    I have been OC for years now. Young, tall, skinny, and bald headed...with a 9 on my hip.

Then again, I don't OC like I'm OC. It's for my protection and I am more than comfortable in doing so.

However, this thread seems a little suspect to me...

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Only a little? :eek4:

Just a smidgen.

I've honestly had nothing but respect when people approach me while OC. Just a few weeks ago I got pulled over on my motorcycle for "unknown" reasons (throttle got stuck wide open and the front wheel "accidentally" came off the ground...weird right?). Pulled over and placed both hands on my helmet. As the officer approached I let him know I had a pistol on my hip.

Guess what? He said ok and went about his business. No one got shot or offended. He respected me because I respected him. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    no I didnt envision anything of that degree, but it did make me think about what people must have felt like when these idiots first walked into these schools and Mconalds with these guns in plain site.
    Im aware of peoples rights and do truly respect that as I too am a member of NRA. Its not about that. For me it was just the realization at that moment that just anyone can carry. I thought about that person being a responsible person and how would he handle himself if someone approached him and any kind of argument occurred. What would be his response be? To put the weapon down and if a fight happened with an unarmed person, could he then fight like a man without his fire arm. Another words at that point your depending on common sense to prevail with someone you don't know anything about. Thats what flashed through my mind.

Not sure why, but things like this irritate me. It was stated later that OC in schools is not allowed so I will not reiterate that. However it seems that you assume one who OCs is not responsible. If I am wrong please correct me. As for "fighting" I out grew fighting a long time ago. The last time I was was in a fight I had a man's life in my hands and did not take it. I paid for that decision, but not as much if i had taken his life. Since that experience I have found that most arguments can be diffused by simple walking away, if reason does not succeed. There is not much a person can say to me that will make me want to throw down. If i am carrying a weapon of any kind, which i usually am that makes me want to walk away even more. I can't imagine a circumstance where a responsible person being armed would put himself in a situation where he would find the need to fight. If that same responsible person found himself in a situation where a fight was imminent and retreat was not an option why would he disarm?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom