Open Carry on The Daily Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Last night "The Daily Show" (Comedy Central) interviewed an open carry proponent and practicer. These are the interviews where they act official but their words and questions are generally mocking the stupidity of the interviewee. All in all they didn't completely ridicule the topic and you get to see what a douche Paul Helmke (Brady campaign) is. If you're overly sensitive to any anti propaganda you might want to pass on the video.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-12-2010/open-carrier-discrimination

I like the end where Wyatt Cenac arms himself to the teeth and goes into the tea/coffee shop. Watching him yell at the patrons was funny. OpenCarry.org gets a little free publicity too.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    When I first saw this w/o the open carry label, I thought the guy was gay.:rofl:

"Does your wife know?":mamoru:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They sign waivers saying that Comedy Central can record them and use those interviews.

:)

I doubt it says we will be mocking you though. They've been on the air for over a decade so if folks don't do their due diligence on who is interviewing them I say too bad. Some of the politicians have it figured out since Nancy Pelosi even sent out a memo years ago telling Dems not to do interviews with the Colbert Report. I thought that was strange since both shows are pretty liberal leaning though the Colbert Report is a parody of a conservative show.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Paul Helmke is nothing more than a lying, anti-gun parrot- saying the same thing over & over & over......
    Here's what happens when he goes against a person who knows what he's all about- he gets laughed at.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPVC_JHFnU0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPVC_JHFnU0[/ame]

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    I thought it was pretty funny also..it didnt really put down oc but it did what it was made to do..make me laugh

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I noticed that the second they showed the map.

I have nothing against gays or lesbians but why show the states as rainbows?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I noticed that the second they showed the map.

I have nothing against gays or lesbians but why show the states as rainbows?

Because the open carry proponent compared open carry to the same struggles as gays and lesbians.

Listening to antis over the years they always bring up the old west. Anytime someone talks about gun rights they think we're going to be having gun fights in the streets. Helmke talked about it not being 1870 and that those who carry are living in a fantasy world. Interesting since gun owners generally think those who believe nothing bad will ever happen to them are living in a fantasy world. They think we're paranoid and we think we're prepared. Generally I find antis have no experience with or around firearms and are scared of them because of that. If the only time you see guns are on bad guys on the news or in the movies you might be scared of them too. We need to have a "bring your anti to the range" day for a little education.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Comedy Central failed on this story. THey could have interviewed MEM and NOLACOP for the worlds Most Awesome Interview EVER!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom