Opinion or HK USP .40 compact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    It will all depend on shape, night sights and trigger setup, really dependable gun, A+ quality, it was originally design for that specific cartridge (.40S&W)

Variants 1 and 2 (double action/single action, decocking and safety lever)
    Variants 1 (lever on left) and 2 (lever on right) allow the user to carry the pistol in a single-action mode (cocked and locked) with the manual safety engaged. This same pistol, without modification, can be carried in double-action mode, with or without the manual safety engaged, and with the benefit of a decocking lever.

Variants 3 and 4 (double action/single action, decocking lever, but no safety)
    Variants 3 (lever on left) and 4 (lever on right) provide the user with a frame-mounted decocking lever that does not have the "safe" position. This combination only allows the hammer to be lowered from SA position to DA position. It does not provide the "safe" position to prevent the pistol from firing when the trigger is pulled.

Variants 5 and 6 (double action only, with safety lever)
    For the double action only user, variants 5 (lever on left), 6 (lever on right), and of the USP operate as double action only pistols with a bobbed hammer always returning to the DA position (forward) after each shot is fired. To fire each shot, the trigger must be pulled through the smooth DA trigger pull. Variants 5 and 6 have a manual safety lever.

Variants 7 and 8 (double action only, no control lever)
    No control lever is provided on variant 7. Variant 8 is similar to variant 7.

Variants 9 and 10 (double action/single action, safety lever, but no decocking)
    Variants 9 (lever on left) and 10 (lever on right) allow the shooter to carry the pistol in a single-action mode (cocked and locked) with the manual safety engaged. This same pistol, without modification, can be carried in double-action mode (hammer down), with or without the manual safety engaged. The double action mode offers a second strike/double action capability in case of a misfire. The control lever has no decocking function on variants 9 and 10 so one would have to carefully lower the hammer manually.

LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) Trigger
    Developed especially for the U.S. government, the Law Enforcement Modification (or LEM for short), is a USP DAO (Double-Action Only) model with a unique trigger mechanism. This mechanism improves the double action trigger performance and reduces the weight of the DAO trigger pull to 7.5-8.5 pounds, utilizes a stronger hammer spring, and shortens the trigger reset. Aside from the LEM mechanism, it is identical to the USP Variant 7 (DAO) model.

Last edited:

scottjajr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Oakdale
    LOL so if I get it and don't like it I should'nt have any problem trading for a Glock. Thats what I had my mind set on getting.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I still have my very first Hk. A stainless slide USP fullsize .40. I love it. Extremely accurate and after ~8-10K rounds through it, not one single fail to feed or fail to fire.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Not really sure I think the USP .45 (like the one I have mine is a V9) sells new for about $900 +-
    You can check gunbroker just to get an idea of what they are going for.

Last edited:

legg86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Tickfaw, LA
    If you want a Glock, don't spend the money on the HK. i have both a USPc .40 and a Glock 17, and can tell you the difference in how they shoot and feel is so stark that you can't think of the HK as a "suped up Glock" or even really a "better service pistol compared to the Glock". I don't think one is any better than the other, I love them both. In my opinion, if you are pining for an HK, the USPc will be a dream (because it is lol), it's Wonderful. The lever safety and the decocker make it a "better" carry pistol (personal opinion), but it's really not any more reliable than the Glock, and it's way more complicated to take down. In my experience, not that I'm a "double alpha" guy, it's not any more accurate than a glock. If you are wanting a Glock, and then "upgrade" to the USPc, you're going to be dissapointed, I think. Also, the HK rail doesn't allow regular attachments, you gotta go through HK or get an adapter. Just more food for thought : )

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    If you don't like it I'll take it, after shooting it you will sell the glock. Besides it's way cooler looking than the glock and its pure quality. I can feel the difference, I haven't owned a glock in over 10 years or longer. They become habit forming. I have two USPc in .40, one is the LEM. I also have the the SS slide USPc .45 and would love one to match it.

Top Bottom