Opinions please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangSooDoMan

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2016
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Last Sunday me and the wife went to the big gun show in Kenner to look at 380's. Anyway, we ended up winning a Kimber Micro Carry 380 (we never win anything until now)! I went there looking for either a Browning 1911-380 or a Beretta 85FS, what are your thoughts, should I stay with the Kimber, or try to trade for one of the other two when I pick it up this weekend at Jefferson Parish fire arms.

Last edited:

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Sorry, I'm not really familiar with any of the models you are mentioning specifically. But just going by the names, Kimber has a good rep with their 1911 models, and I would assume that carries over to the Micro Carry model. My suggestion would be to go ahead and inquire what kind of deal you can get to trade for the Browning or Beretta, since you are already interested in those. But if it doesn't feel like you are getting very much value for it in trade, they will all probably retail in a similar price range, perhaps give the Kimber a good look over and if you like the look and feel of it, then maybe just hang on to it for now and give it a try at the range. You can always look to sell it later. In terms of quality, it should compare well to either the Browning or Beretta. You never know, maybe you really got lucky and won the gun you might be most happy with after all.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Sorry, I'm not really familiar with any of the models you are mentioning specifically. But just going by the names, Kimber has a good rep with their 1911 models, and I would assume that carries over to the Micro Carry model. My suggestion would be to go ahead and inquire what kind of deal you can get to trade for the Browning or Beretta, since you are already interested in those. But if it doesn't feel like you are getting very much value for it in trade, they will all probably retail in a similar price range, perhaps give the Kimber a good look over and if you like the look and feel of it, then maybe just hang on to it for now and give it a try at the range. You can always look to sell it later. In terms of quality, it should compare well to either the Browning or Beretta. You never know, maybe you really got lucky and won the gun you might be most happy with after all.

Seems like solid advice to me.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If those are your only three choices, I'd keep the Kimber. You have absolutely zero dollars invested in it, so you shouldn't be upset if it's not your favorite gun in the world. If you broaden your selection, the Glock 42 is difficult to beat.

TangSooDoMan

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2016
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Thanks for the replies, I have looked at the glocks, but I just don't like the way they fit in my hand. The Kimber is nice, and with the extended 7 round mag it fits nice, and it is modeled after a 1911, which is my favorite format. Hopefully I'll get to pick it up before the weekend, if I do and I keep it, I will give you a range report.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I love 1911's, carried a full size for a long time, it ran and I trusted it! The little ones can be real temperamental, I would shoot it a lot and don't clean it and see how it acts before you carry it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Daddy told me not to look a gift gun in the barrel....you wanted a 380 and got a free Kimber ! Keep the Kimber and give it a chance to show you what it can do. Kimber has an excellent reputation and know for quality.
    Try it.....maybe you will like it ! It has cost you absolutely 0 ! Could be fate intended you to have this Kimber !
    Free is always good price in my book!
    Gary

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I shot the Micro 9 last weekend. The trigger is a little heavy, around 7 pounds. But even with that weight the gun was easy to handle and shot very well. You can put all 7 shots in a two inch group from 10 yards with ease. I think you will be happy with the Kimber, I would keep it and give it a run if I were you.

Top Bottom