Opinions wanted. Holo sights

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Like the title says. But first, the conditions...
    It for a rimfire riflel & pistol. Strictly 22lr.
    I love my eotech. Aim point would work too...but I'm not wanting to drop that kind of $$$.

I'm looking for are experiences and your opinion with the items on the other end of the price spectrum.
    Are any of them worth even trying? BSA, NCstar, trueglow, etc?
    Will they hold zero? Stand up to getting banged around a bit?
    Any figurative "diamonds in the rough" out there?

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Primary Arms, check them out. Didley has a scope of mine that is made by primary arms, he can give testimonial. All of there stuff is knock off but the very best knockoff. They stand behind there product 100%.

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    What kind of 'banged around' you talking? bouncing around the bottom of boat? or behind seat of truck for years on end? or what?

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    More of the "tossed behind the seat of the truck" or long hikes through the swamp type abuse. I'm not expecting anything that's inexpensive to be indestructible, but its not going to be a safe queen either. I just want to know if there's one out there that works and isn't a complete waste of time & money. Something that falls somewhere between mil spec and air soft.

I checked out primary arms! Their micro dot is #1 on the list right now. It's out of stock from the primary arms site. I'll have to look around some more when I get my hands on a real computer. The aimpoint clone could work too for the rifle if I can't find the micro anywhere...

Thanks guys!!!

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    If they still have the kill flash micro dot you can use coupon code kf to get 20 bucks off making it the same cost as the non kill flash version. The kill flash unscrews, making it only slightly longer than the regular micro.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Sweet....gonna do that.

And my terminology was off a bit....I meant the microdot reflex. That's the one that's out of stock. But the microdot will be good enuff

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Sweet....gonna do that.

And my terminology was off a bit....I meant the microdot reflex. That's the one that's out of stock. But the microdot will be good enuff

Oh ok. Yeah thought you meant the microdot. They claim that model holds up to abuse best.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Be sure and post back here how ya like it. If the kill flash version would have been that cheap when I got mine I would have tried one.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    First follow up if you guys are interested....

1. I ordered online through primary arms website on Sunday evening. When I got home Tuesday evening, a small package was waiting for me. That was even with the cheapest shipping!!! (ups ground)

2. I'm VERY happy with it.....so far. I mounted it on a ruger 10/22 takedown. It's perfect. It adds virtually zero weight. It's mounted at the rear most slot on the rail. Very fast target acquisition with both eyes open. Rifle fits easily into carrying case so I'll never have to remove the sight.

I'm actually glad I got the micro dot instead of the micro reflex I originally wished for. Now that it's here mounted on the rifle, I can't imagine a micro reflex shrugging off the various bumps and bruises this rifle is destined for. The ENTIRE sight is metal. I don't want to prove it, but I'll bet it could survive a smack or two by a hammer.

Thanks again y'all for the recommendation!

Real test will come Saturday when it goes to the range. I'm gonna zero it, shake it, smack it, drop it and see how it holds up.

Also, I'm real interested in seeing how the takedown rifle itself does after it's been shot, disassembled, reassembled and shot again...

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Also look into the Bushnell Holo, but the original version the one that had Eotech internals and looked like an EO.

I still have one of those and I put it through hell and back before I got my Aimpoint, the new version SUCKS and looks like a space ship

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Thanks Guate, but you're about a week late....

I will keep that in mind for any future budget projects though!! Thanks.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Glad you like it! Mine is holding up great. I think the version you have may be beneficial considering your planned use. That extended shield, even without that killflash piece should protect the front lens some. I've got a couple other optics from them and they always ship fast like that.
    It's great.

First follow up if you guys are interested....

1. I ordered online through primary arms website on Sunday evening. When I got home Tuesday evening, a small package was waiting for me. That was even with the cheapest shipping!!! (ups ground)

2. I'm VERY happy with it.....so far. I mounted it on a ruger 10/22 takedown. It's perfect. It adds virtually zero weight. It's mounted at the rear most slot on the rail. Very fast target acquisition with both eyes open. Rifle fits easily into carrying case so I'll never have to remove the sight.

I'm actually glad I got the micro dot instead of the micro reflex I originally wished for. Now that it's here mounted on the rifle, I can't imagine a micro reflex shrugging off the various bumps and bruises this rifle is destined for. The ENTIRE sight is metal. I don't want to prove it, but I'll bet it could survive a smack or two by a hammer.

Thanks again y'all for the recommendation!

Real test will come Saturday when it goes to the range. I'm gonna zero it, shake it, smack it, drop it and see how it holds up.

Also, I'm real interested in seeing how the takedown rifle itself does after it's been shot, disassembled, reassembled and shot again...

Top Bottom