Opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I'm pretty much in the same boat.
    I want 1 can for my blackout and .223, probably another for 22lr a little ways down the road.
    Right now I'm pretty stuck on a .30 DeadAir SandmanS with an additional end cap for when in shoot .223.

I haven't researched a .22lr that much but I hear nothing but good things about Thunderbeast.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I've decided on the Omega for my first 30 cal can. As for the .22; my first suppressor was a Spectre 2. Now that I have an Octaine 45, I also shoot .22 with it. It really does seem at least as quiet as my Spectre, just with a deeper tone. Depending on your intended use, it may be something to consider. Yes it's bigger and much heavier than a dedicated .22 can, but from a suppression only and multi caliber standpoint, it can't be beat IMO. Plus it's rated for subsonic 300blk. Maybe not the best choice, and probably not many would agree with me; but just something to consider.

Last edited:

snoopygw73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    mandeville/covington
    Right now I am torn between the saker 762, sandman-L, and the omega. I am leaning toward the omega because of the price. I am waiting for my SiCo SPEQ dealer to get the omega in stock. But those are my top three .30 cal cans.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I have a YHM Phantom QD in 7.62 for the Blackout, and it’s very effective with subsonic rounds (the beavers have no idea what’s happening). However it is outstanding on a 22 LR, if a bit heavy. With standard velocity 22's it is totally silent. I bought a Savage MK II with a threaded 16 ½ inch heavy barrel just for the suppressor. I haven’t tried it on one of my poodle shooters yet.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    There are so many good cans right now. The AAC SDN6 is a really good can for the 300 blk and AAC just dropped their pricing so they are even cheaper. Omega also looks like a really good option. I should be getting some in the next week or so. Personally I would go with a shorter can as opposed to something like the specwar 7.62 or Sandman L. The longer cans will be quieter but I prefer shorter and lighter. Especially if you are planning on doing an SBR. Another option would be the rugged suppressors Surge 762. It's modular so it can be long like the specwar when you want maximum quiet or short like an SDN6 when you want shorter and handier. The whole point is to keep it short and handy. For 22 I would go with either the Spectre 2 or Sparrow. Both very quiet and easy to clean.

Last edited:

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Stay away from the Sparrow if you can help it, yes its easy to clean but thats not the primary goal of a suppressor its you know...supposed to be quiet. With a mono core design idc who you are the first round pop is a big disadvantage by design. On a nice stack baffle suppressor you alleviate a lot of these problems and the maintenance is no more or less as long as its a TI/SS can.

Whats the point of buying a suppressor when the first shot is normally the one that counts and its loud?

Best 22 cans I have seen are Spectre and the Integral Arms Skorpion, I've sold both to countless people who ditched their sparrows and other cans. Mainly because ours is full auto 5.7 rated and dam near bomb proof.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    When it comes to 22LR there are a lot of really nice cans out there. We sell a lot of the Sparrows and probably twice the number of Spectre II. The Spectre II with subsonic ammo in a pistol makes less noise than the slide closing on some models. I have found it to be the quietest on the 1911-22 style handguns.

We have the Silencerco Sparrow, Spectre II, Warlock II, AAC Element 2, Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 and a few others in stock. I just did a video of the USS from Bowers. It is all stainless and full auto rated. It has the added ability to swap threads on a 22LR can. Pretty sweet huh?

Bowers USS video:
    https://youtu.be/n6IfwIKMibM?list=UUrnU23VcfoN7OahLeo7DbfA

Liberty Essence video:
    https://youtu.be/jAUYVAPVuNU?list=UUrnU23VcfoN7OahLeo7DbfA

Spectre II video:
    https://youtu.be/rVaTugk1dBQ?list=UUrnU23VcfoN7OahLeo7DbfA

Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 with subsonic ammo:
    https://youtu.be/neNxURVDTds?list=UUrnU23VcfoN7OahLeo7DbfA

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone want to meet at honey island one day and have a silencer shoot? That way we can see and compare different suppressors/calibers. I can bring my 7.62sdn6, pilot, sparrow, osprey and evolution....

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Im in with a specter2, octane .45, and a 5.56 trek. Seams like no one from the range will give me a definite answer about the shoot I wanted to set up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom