Optic for 2 and 3 gun competition?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I hope this is the right section.

As the title say, I'm getting ready to looking into optic for 2 and 3 gun competition.
    There is just so much to choose from. I just can't figure out where to start, so I figure I would check with the local LA, MS, etc guys.

I have reciently bought a Daniel Defence Rifle and I am wanting to get in to 2 and 3 gun competition (well 2 gun for now - since I don't have a shotgun at this time, sold the one I had)
    I know different distances play apart in which optic to go with
    I don't know the average distances use here in south La. for these types of competition. So I don't know which optic to go with Scope, Red Dot or anything between. What are most of you using for your optics? I just trying to get info at this time so I will know where to start when I do get around to buying optic for my rifle.

Thanks
    Bryan

Zephyr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Polk
    Depends on what class you want to shoot in and what kind of budget you are working with. If money isn't an issue, Leopold is always a good investment. Vortex is good too, slightly less expensive. I use a Burris MTAC that was pretty reasonable when I caught it on sale and it fills my needs so far.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Any good 1-4 power will be all you need, more power is nice but not needed, I have a 1-4 and a 2.5-10, I like the 1-4 better, I'm thinking about selling the 2.5-10 to fund another 1-4

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Any good 1-4 power will be all you need, more power is nice but not needed, I have a 1-4 and a 2.5-10, I like the 1-4 better, I'm thinking about selling the 2.5-10 to fund another 1-4

You need to talk to me :D

Bryanbag, the first thing you need to do is decide on a budget....all else will follow.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA

Thanks for the link, I will check it out when I get a chance.

You need to talk to me :D

Bryanbag, the first thing you need to do is decide on a budget....all else will follow.

I looking in the $300 to $400 range for optics and mount.
    I know I don't want to go the cheap out on optics when setting thigs up, knowing I will have to upgrade later on. I would rather get something that is more the middle of the road to get me started and if I get to a point where I need something better than midrange. Will cross that bridge when and if I get to that point.

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    In the thread in the link Scooter has above, he talks about the Millet. That probably falls in your budget and seems a good way to go.

Good luck.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Thanks for all the info guys. Keep it coming.
    I was able to put my hands on a couple of different optics this past weekend. Right now I leaning towards the Burris MTAC. Price is right and I likeing the way the cross hairs set up is laid out.

Bryan

Top Bottom