Optics suggestion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    I have a buddy who has a 30-06 bolt and is looking for the best base and rings for his rifle. Does anyone have suggestions on what to use that are good quality?

Also he has been looking at scopes and wants to shoot in the 600 yard range and wants to know if the BR Reticle is worth it.

Thanks!

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I pretty much just use Seekins bases and rings on all of my guns now. Extremely well built, precise, and enough surface area to hold a scope with 15 in/lbs on each screw and not give under a .338lm recoil. At 33% cheaper than the Badger, USO, and other offerings they can't be beat in my opinion.

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    So far I have had excellent results with my Viper PST mounted to my DNZ (Deadnutz) base. While at my range my hand sliped down the side of my gun while I was locking down the bolt and barely touched my 10 ounce trigger and gun went off. Gun jumped off table and hit concrete. The gun landed upside down on the scope pretty much. I (almost in tears) picked my gun up, put it on the bench and shot it...nothing changed. I am sold on DNZ and Vortex optics for sure now. Also just to mention the base/ring I have on my gun is the tactical version not the standard hunting.

Top Bottom